BRB sleeping beauty dreams

Bella

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Any idea how many they are taking? Or whether everyone gets to attend the audition class or are they whittling it down in the technique class? 

Well done to your DD

Thanks!

65 comes to mind.

They haven't said there will be a cull after the technique class. DD has audition call back 1 and then call back 2 to attend - not sure if that's the same for everyone??? 

DD auditioned but hasn't heard anything yet.  Some her friends heard about callbacks via email on Tuesday, so she now believes she wasn't successful, but we haven't been told either way. It's her final year as an RBS MA so she was really hoping to do something special with her MA friends that have callbacks, and she's questioning now whether she's good enough for full time auditions this year, which she desperately wants to do.  I know she'll snap out of that though, she's too determined to be down for too long.

I've also seen there are auditions advertised on eventbrite for this coming Sunday, with a deadline of today....?  Not sure whether they didn't have enough audition last week so are trying again, but DD is tempted to go again to have a second chance and show BRB how much she wants this.

Last year we heard just over a week after the call back day that DD had been successful, but the actual part she was allocated wasn't confirmed until the week before the October half term 2 day intensive. Might be different this year of course. She had the impression this year that they were trying harder to match individual dancers to specific roles on call back day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RavenGirl said:

Gosh, not sure whether all this waiting builds or extinguishes hope! :unsure:

You had me excited momentarily then ...thought this was the start of yeses and nos!  It's a long one isn't it?  Especially as some of the intensive days are supposedly in the October half term.

Off to check emails again:D

Sorry hoglett! I didn't mean to raise hopes! :huh: Have been trying not to keep checking,  as feel chances are probably low but then can't help but wonder, especially (as you say) for forward planning if there is eventual nice news! 

Half wondered if posting might be the dance-mum equivalent of lighting a cigarette at the bus stop - and then the long-awaited bus suddenly coming along. Seems not!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenGirl said:

Sorry hoglett! I didn't mean to raise hopes! :huh: Have been trying not to keep checking,  as feel chances are probably low but then can't help but wonder, especially (as you say) for forward planning if there is eventual nice news! 

Half wondered if posting might be the dance-mum equivalent of lighting a cigarette at the bus stop - and then the long-awaited bus suddenly coming along. Seems not!! :rolleyes:

Crikey - you did it again :D

• Like 1

Hello All.. (no news sorry .. will get that out of the way up front)

I'm very glad to have stumbled across this forum. We are complete newbies to the whole process and i was beginning to think that no news was no place. 

A long story that i won't go in to, I had to contact BRB for an unconnected reason and, at that point, we too were told that successful and unsuccessful candidates would be advised within 3 weeks from the first audition date (17/09).
** apparently this was made known at the audition but i am not convinced that every group who was seen, actually got that message. We live and learn..

I didn't quite appreciate how much of an effect the long wait would have on a young dancer.
I was also quite surprised to see on here, the mention of a cost involved, should a place be secured. This is new news and not something that i have come across in any application or audition information... have i been extremely naive?         

• Like 1

On 06/10/2017 at 17:43, PurplePebble said:

Hello All.. (no news sorry .. will get that out of the way up front)

I'm very glad to have stumbled across this forum. We are complete newbies to the whole process and i was beginning to think that no news was no place. 

A long story that i won't go in to, I had to contact BRB for an unconnected reason and, at that point, we too were told that successful and unsuccessful candidates would be advised within 3 weeks from the first audition date (17/09).
** apparently this was made known at the audition but i am not convinced that every group who was seen, actually got that message. We live and learn..

I didn't quite appreciate how much of an effect the long wait would have on a young dancer.
I was also quite surprised to see on here, the mention of a cost involved, should a place be secured. This is new news and not something that i have come across in any application or audition information... have i been extremely naive?         

I was unaware of costs too. Only found out when talking to people I knew who did it last year. We had no chat during DDs audition so had no idea of wait involved, what it meant if you did/didn't get a call back, only thing we were told was regarding the dancers themselves to sign-in and collect a number to pin onto leotard.

Also unaware about 2 apparent intensive days in October half term. All it said when applying was 'six intensive days between October and February'. The more time goes on, the less chance we'll be able to say yes even if DD gets a place. Half term is 2 weeks away, and DD has signed up to multiple dance events. It's a real shame not every audition slot got the same chat.

• Like 1