The 'C' word (dance themed gifts) 2017

Picturesinthefirelight

On 26/10/2017 at 09:18, MrsMoo2 said:

Any boys related gifts people have seen, I’d appreciate the ideas!! 🙈

Warm up boots - unisex and definitely used by all the big boy dancers I know. In fact (in case your boy thinks they are too girly) my brother (officer in the parachute reg - about as macho as you can get) was highly put out that I couldn't find a pair in his size online as he kept nicking DSs which were slightly too small for him (DS has v small feet for his height).... Bloch do them and the grishko shop apparently ships worldwide free and has a wide range of colour and designs http://grishkoshop.com/category-warm-up-shoes

DS also likes leg warmers (you can get some fab stripy ones around in bright colours) and 3/4 length jogging bottoms (good for warming up and relatively cheap as any sports shop does them and they are very much what dancers of both gender wear). Other recent requests have been for warm up suits and various (to my eye peculiar) unitard type things but your DS may be a bit young for all that malarky...

There are some interesting ballet books around if he is a reader- DS always liked books about his favourite dancers although he was a bit older I guess.

And DVDs of ballets that feature men in more prominent roles?? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some lovely ideas here.  I'm still struggling to find a few bits for my 16 year old dd who has everything!  Over the years she's had warm up boots (loves them!), dancers journal, various books etc.  Does anyone have any ideas for something a bit unusual?  Her main pressie is a new phone so I only need a few smaller things.

• Like 1

For DDs birthday I found some lovely dance quotes on Pinterest. I printed one out 'best quality' on good paper and then framed it.  A friend suggested putting it on a small canvas ... but I'm not that creative! 

Have bought today from Claires Accessories, some hair grips with 'diamonds' and 'pearls' on the ends to decorate buns.  

DD has bought some pretty coloured elastic from ebay and has made ballet belts for her friends for Christmas. (She just searched for ballet belt elastic!) 

• Like 2

HI 

We are having a flash sale  of our limited edition t-shirts  - www.tanzeldancewear.co.uk - they'd make a lovely gift for a dancer (or a treat for yourself!)

Ruth

www.tanzeldancewear.co.uk

Tanzel-Tshirts-small.jpg

Edited by Tanzel
adding picture

The Royal Opera House and ROH shop are currently selling baubles filled with fabric from the costume department - so much prettier than I can make them sound! A little eye-watering at £20 but quite unique! The lady in the shop said that they had just come in this week. DD 'persuaded' me to buy her a Sleeping Beauty one yesterday - not that I needed much persuading! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up the C word so early (though we all need something to look forward too) but spotted this bargain half price Nutcracker duvet! Too young for my DD sadly but too good not to share!

https://www.brandalley.co.uk/16594217.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart Shopping (Catch All)&utm_term=&Kenshoo_IDA=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpWBs9z06wIVTObtCh16HgX5EAQYASABEgKwXfD_BwE

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mimi'smom said:

Sorry to bring up the C word so early (though we all need something to look forward too) but spotted this bargain half price Nutcracker duvet! Too young for my DD sadly but too good not to share!

https://www.brandalley.co.uk/16594217.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart Shopping (Catch All)&utm_term=&Kenshoo_IDA=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpWBs9z06wIVTObtCh16HgX5EAQYASABEgKwXfD_BwE

oooo, that's gorgeous. Thank you. Sadly it won't match the 'aesthetics' or 'vibe' of DDs room 😆 so i'd better not buy it, but soooo tempting!

Hi there, 

For those of you with slightly older dancing children (teenagers)  .... I make scented soy candles which would be suitable for male & female dance students studying different dance genres. Fragrances are based on designer Perfumes & Aftershaves. They make great stocking  fillers !! 
All details are on my website under the dance/performance heading 🕯🙏🏻😊http://www.tranquilmomentscandlecompany.com

A485B816-4290-4FE4-B526-5F10E33502FE.jpeg

D8D9A457-FE4E-4F34-A030-B15106B96B61.jpeg

C7AAC500-1699-443C-8B83-872AD92E9B05.jpeg

38FB2094-62D2-499D-AE0A-5B6F774DC82F.jpeg

4F64EB40-5C35-4F44-ADE5-E168C53A971E.jpeg

73740ABC-7381-4AAE-9AAF-98D6CF5E0630.jpeg

185D6366-068F-4F27-933D-B910140959E5.jpeg

085B226D-BFDD-44F5-86A8-9AFD0DFF5F44.jpeg

5FD0764A-9CCC-4D58-9C1C-BA5DD035E98C.jpeg

Edited by Ballet4Boyz
  • Like 1