Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

taxi4ballet

How many Saturday nights we creased up with laughter watching the Generation Game but also going back in time I remember seeing as a little girl Sunday Night at the London Palladium and of course in his later years Strictly.  What a consummate professional and entertainer he was.

RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth.

There's a lovely pictorial tribute in the Guardian:  https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/gallery/2017/aug/18/bruce-forsyth-a-life-in-pictures

• Like 2

• alison changed the title to Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

It is very sad for someone like him to not be around any more and cannot believe even just a couple of years ago how well he could move around! 

I remember him first from Sunday Night at the London Palladium as we often had family members from London down for the day on Sunday's and we would all watch this together before they left for London ( great for me being allowed to stay up a bit later than usual) I always remember one of my aunties saying "that new bloke Bruce Forsyth is very good!" And we were all Nat King Cole fans and Shirley Bassey fans ( though my aunt thought she was a bit outrageous) so saw all of those.

The Generation Game was hilarious especially the ones where they had to act out some scene or other and he was brilliant in ad libbing and asides which couldn't have been rehearsed.

I was disappointed when it appeared he had got the "push" from Strictly but maybe he had started to suffer form ill health by then but he seems to me to be the last of that breed who worked their way up in "Show Business"  and were genuinely talented.

He will be missed by many. 

2 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I was disappointed when it appeared he had got the "push" from Strictly but maybe he had started to suffer form ill health by then but he seems to me to be the last of that breed who worked their way up in "Show Business"  and were genuinely talented.

He will be missed by many. 

I thought he'd decided to retire from Strictly because it was becoming too much.  He hosted the Christmas specials but missed the last one he was scheduled to do because of ill health.