Still Problems!!

I've started a new topic as the other one for this mornings problems has been closed and I'm STILL having problems!

I just cannot access the Forum via my usual contacts list where I store the address etc

At the moment I can only get to the Forum "chat rooms" by going into Google and finding a listed topic and entering that way

Otherwise I come to a strange blue page which although has Balletcoforum at the top in white letters there is no way to the chat rooms it seems to,be an advertising space ...for website setups I think ...I thought the Forum had been hacked at first but anyway the situation is not normal at the moment but I will look at the page Imget to and try and give a better description of it

linda 

Try deleting your book mark.  Close down and start up again.  Then reset your bookmark.

However, I am still also getting the "Internal Server Error" intermittently.

Rest assured that the Administrators are trying to resolve this issue with the Software providers.  It is as frustrating for us as it is for you.

• Like 1

Oh right not just me then ....have just posted in Doing Dance until I saw Colemans comment.

i got a strange blue page which looked like an advertising page for website setups but whatever I tried there didn't get me to,the Forum

Then I tried going through people's messages from last week and same deal.

I then tried going in from my History page and got the Apache type error message

So then I tried googling and where Balletcoforum came up with a list of topics underneath I went straight to Doing Dance and it got me back in!!

Im now going to go offline and then see if it will work from my contacts lists as usual or whether get back to that strange page again!!

Doesn't work from contacts list still!!

the page I get to has Balletcoforum in large blue letters on top left side then over on the right side it has the numbers 1 2 3 ( in different colours) and then the word REG 

I thought it was a new way of having to register but absolutely it isn't!!

Underneath there is a phrase "related topics"

these are then listed.....SquishyBall 

.                                          Rubber Ball

.                                           Soft Ball

.                                            Tennis Ball and so on

WHAT!!!

thats when I thought the site had been hacked in some way

Just hope accessing via Google works a little longer!!

19 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Doesn't work from contacts list still!!

the page I get to has Balletcoforum in large blue letters on top left side then over on the right side it has the numbers 1 2 3 ( in different colours) and then the word REG 

I thought it was a new way of having to register but absolutely it isn't!!

Underneath there is a phrase "related topics"

these are then listed.....SquishyBall 

.                                          Rubber Ball

.                                           Soft Ball

.                                            Tennis Ball and so on

WHAT!!!

thats when I thought the site had been hacked in some way

Just hope accessing via Google works a little longer!!

Thank you.  We are aware of the problem - it's a problem with the service provider.

I don't know what your "contacts list" is, I assume it's what is normally referred to as favourites.  As I said above, you may need to refresh this once the problem is completely sorted.  In the meantime, you should be able to reach the site by typing www.balletcoforum.com into the URL bar.

We've had some peculiar problems in the last 24 hours, though now as I write things seem to be working ok without odd 'Internal Server Error' messages. We had to update the domain name servers on 123Reg which is the outfit with which the BalletcoForum.com site name is registered. All addresses on the internet are numerical but get linked to alphabetical names (e.g. BalletcoForum) by computers styled 'domain name servers'. If you change the servers as we had to this morning there's a period when the name floats in space before getting reattached to it's numerical version. (Not a very good explanation but I think in essence correct!) That's why our address temporarily lead to 123Reg.

Other problems such as not being able to type into the editor to make posts have also been reported.

Please post here if you continue to get problems.

I've managed to get here in a most roundabout fashion and am still seeing the 123 Reg page from my Bookmark and, once there, can make no progress.  I got here by playing with the various icons at the top of the page and, given my experience today, am very surprised that many users appear to have posted throughout the day without difficulty.  Could it really be the case that the Mods are worst affected by whatever has been going on back at the Host servers?

Now to see if I can submit this post successfully ......

Edit:  Well that went OK.  It seems to me that it's the Home page that's affected - using my browser's History file, I've bookmarked the Forums page and I appear to get in from there.

Further edit: I've now moved to Firefox and found the Home page OK, so is it a Chrome issue?

And it's also OK on Safari.

I've been having "internal server issue", "Linux test page" and "server not found" errors intermittently all day.  I have reset my book mark and restarted my laptop with little effect but the errors do seem to be coming, at the moment, less frequently.

I think everyone else must be at Bayadere! 

4 hours ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Further edit: I've now moved to Firefox and found the Home page OK, so is it a Chrome issue?

No, I was having problems with Firefox.  And this evening at the ROH, on Internet Explorer (11, I think).  Site looked like a late-1990s HTML page.

Unfortunately I still cannot access the Forum from my address book where I have kept the website address for the past four years!!

i agree with Janet it seems to,be a homepage issue.

I have found a way around it by bookmarking the Forum pages under Favourites in Dance .....which seems to get me in okay

OR I have to Google the site ....look for a topic area ...like Doing Dance say ...and entering that way. 

I will ill see what it's like tomorrow now but if everyone else is having no probs may need advice on how to re-store the website address in my address book (contacts List) 

It seems OK now from my PC but I still couldn't get in on my (Android) tablet an hour ago - I consistently got the 123 page. Is there something I need to do to remedy that?  I tried everything last night, including clearing the cache, clearing the bookmark and typing in www.balletcoforum.com, going via Google (both to the homepage and to other pages).

Other than now seeing that I'm not alone, I can see no change this morning.  Firefox and Safari are fine with the Home page and beyond but on Chrome, my working browser, I can't get beyond that 123 page unless I use www.balletcoforum.com with an extension.  Trying to reset my Forum Bookmark on Chrome is proving hopeless thus far - putting the basic URL into the search line always resolves to the 123 page.

1 hour ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Other than now seeing that I'm not alone, I can see no change this morning.  Firefox and Safari are fine with the Home page and beyond but on Chrome, my working browser, I can't get beyond that 123 page unless I use www.balletcoforum.com with an extension.  Trying to reset my Forum Bookmark on Chrome is proving hopeless thus far - putting the basic URL into the search line always resolves to the 123 page.

That's bizarre. Have you tried 'Clear Browsing Data' (but omitting Cookies) to clear the browser's cache? Might help. It does take time (up to two days I'm told) for info on changed name servers to percolate to all corners of the web, but I don't see why that should just affect one browser variety.

Having spent quite a long time on the forum this morning I didn't encounter the 'internal server issue' problem so it looks as if that has been fixed – fingers crossed.

Depending on the details of DNS caching and such things, it can take up to a couple of days for things to settle down, especially for the people who use the site most. This sort of madness doesn't surprise me in the slightest!

Edited by Colman