Ballet Skirts recommendations

munchkin16

6 hours ago, Fiz said:

Just Ballet and Flic Flac go up quite large, I believe.

indeed , i think one of the others mentioned in the thread  says omething along  those lines ... 

there are also some 'alternative'  seamstresses //tailors about  who would quite happily  run something up . also ( although i don;t know aobut price )  apparently Gandolfi will do  just about anything  if you ask ... 

Flic Flac custom make the skirts to whatever size you want, I'm way beyond a size 12 at a 92cm waist it was the largest she could make before an additional charge for extra material. I'm super pleased with the result though & finally have a wrap that wraps instead of a saucy side slit!

Here's a snip from my conversation with Katharine, 

"Customising the width isn't a problem. I often do that. Most of the fabrics I use tend to be wide enough to cut up to about 120cm width and then after that I have to turn the fabric and cut along the length so it depends how much there is left. If I have to turn the fabric it means a bit more wastage so the skirts would cost £25. 120cm would give you 28cm overlap which isn't generous but might be ok. try measuring it and see what you think. I usually go for about 30cm, so it's nearly there!"

Hope this helps, Soph x

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Designed by Alice skirts are gorgeous; dd has been wearing them for years.  They go from Extra Short through to Rehearsal/Teaching length.  

Also, if Just Ballet still make and sell their own skirts, they can (or could) be made to a custom length.