World Ballet Day is back - 5th October 2017

Putting this in my calendar!! Hope the player works better than last time; taking it off YouTube was a mistake, in my opinion, so if they bring it back to livestream there, along with the helpful livechat, things should run a bit more smoothly.

• Like 2

So that's a day when I try vainly to stay at home writing, but end up entranced by the Bolshoi morning class with Maestro Akimov, watching his gorgeous long legs and beautiful musicality. I often prefer watching him teach than watching the current dancers, I'm afraid!

• Like 2

• Jan McNulty changed the title to World Ballet Day is back - 5th October 2017
7 hours ago, alison said:

Thanks for reminding us, Jan.  I'd totally forgotten that it was arriving that fast.  And drat, I have a lot of work to do that day :(

Really looking forward to this - though frustrating that it's again hard to find clear about info about what will be available afterwards. 

It looks great, but it doesn't give any times......does anyone know what time the RB section starts?  Just so I can somehow sneak some ear speakers in and put it on my second screen with the picture shrunk so that no-one notices!!!  Ssshhhhh.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sim said:

It looks great, but it doesn't give any times......does anyone know what time the RB section starts?  Just so I can somehow sneak some ear speakers in and put it on my second screen with the picture shrunk so that no-one notices!!!  Ssshhhhh.....

I'll be doing likewise!!  lol

• Like 1

I do appreciate that these are live broadcasts and subject to change... But it's a pity that we always have a last minute struggle to find out about scheduling and rebroadcasting. It would be really helpful if the organisers could undertake to put online at least a tentative schedule (and maybe a link to a time zone converter) at least a week in advance, and to give a clearer picture (and updates) about what will NOT be available in full after the live broadcast. Saying that 'highlights' will be available afterwards is not much use for folks like myself who would like to know, for example, whether we'll be able to see the entire broadcast RB class afterwards or not.... End of annual rant :)

Edited by Yaffa
for clarity
  • Like 3

The ROH Facebook page has a post from 3 Oct with an insert for you to set a reminder. Confusingly this currently states that the ROH 'plans to go live at 2.00 tomorrow'.

But perhaps this refers to the start time for the entire live relay rather than specifically the RB section??

It's worth keeping an eye on the ROH page which has the timings of the Royal Ballet rehearsals (the link is in Lynette's post above).  For ease of reference, I took a screenshot of the version that was on line a couple of hours ago. Since then, the order of the items has changed and there are different start times for the various rehearsals. I imagine there might eventually be more changes so it would be advisable to check again tomorrow morning.

Edited by Bluebird

Some good news: There's a comment response on the ROH site saying: 

Regarding the schedule, we are a working theatre and as a result, sometimes rehearsal schedules have to be changed. If you miss any of the broadcast, it will be available for 30 days following the stream.

Not sure if this applies to the whole day's activities or just the RB part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiz said:

My husband is gutted because he doesn’t do Facebook and there’s no way to share it. I am loving the Bolshoi class teacher. He’s amazing. 

Not sure if I understood the problem but you can access the live stream without Facebook e.g. at  http://worldballetday.com/

Mods, should we continue the discussions here or in a new thread in Performance Seen?

3 hours ago, Yaffa said:

Mods, should we continue the discussions here or in a new thread in Performance Seen?

Yes please!  Here:

I share Fiz' husband's frustration: the ROH email definitely made it sound as though it was on Facebook only.  Wasn't that where we had the disaster last time, or was that on a different platform?  I can't remember.