July 2017 software update

On 2 August 2017 at 17:05, Geoff said:

i) I repeatedly get an error message when logging in (despite the log in seeming to be successful) - the error page asks for an email direct to administrators, so I sent one early this morning, but you ask for postings here, so I repeat.

ii) Anonymity of logging in seems not to work (ditto)

iii) I can't like any posts any more (the heart lights up but doesn't convert into a like)

iv) And when I like a second post, the first lit up heart goes off.

None of this happened until today. I should perhaps add that I am doing this on an IPad using not the fastest wifi connection.

Thanks for your various comments John. A quick update: try as I might I no longer get the error message, so this must have been some kind of temporary switchover glitch. 

But the Likes are still odd, in that I still can't seem to get more than one Like (lit up heart) going on any particular thread on my Ips. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

But the Likes are still odd, in that I still can't seem to get more than one Like (lit up heart) going on any particular thread on my Ips. 

I thought that I had this too until I realised that I had to tap the like button again, to "confirm" it I guess. Might that be the answer?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I thought that I had this too until I realised that I had to tap the like button again, to "confirm" it I guess. Might that be the answer?

Yes, you have to press the heart twice to activate the 'like" !

• Like 1