Bluebird

Royal Ballet Winter Season 2017/18 Casting

53 minutes ago, Sim said:

Oh what a shame;  I hope Laura gets better very soon.  However, whether it's Morera or Lamb, nothing or no-one can save that ballet for me, so if anyone wants to join me in the Floral Hall for that one....there I will be!!  :) 

glad someone else feels about it as I do! I feel I should enjoy it more but can't.

• Like 1

I did sit through it three times during the last run, and it just didn't improve for me on further viewings.  I will try it again on Thursday night in case there have been any changes that improve it, but I'm not holding my breath.  I fear this will be another Strapless or Frankenstein for me!!  :o

• Like 2

Yes, Yasmine Naghdi is definitely dancing in the Wheeldon piece tomorrow night.  

• Like 1

Ah, so it's not a complete split between Wheeldon dancers and McGregor dancers, then ...

I'm starting to think we should offer a prize for the first person to come up with the casting information for TONIGHT ... :(

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, alison said:

I'm starting to think we should offer a prize for the first person to come up with the casting information for TONIGHT ... :(

The casts are quite likely to be the same as yesterday's General Rehearsal. I scanned the cast sheet but couldn't upload the files as they were too big.   I've, therefore, taken screenshots of the scans.  Hope they work!

Edited to add that I didn't bother to scan the cast of Age of Anxiety as it's on the ROH website.

Corybantic Games cast.JPG

yugen cast.JPG

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

Thanks, John.  Confusing, but it's a start!

Thank you Capybara - I'm pleased you've been able to shed light on what's going on.  I don't think the ROH publicity has done itself any favours for the Bernstein Triple Bill.

• Like 2

I do hope Ms Morera is better in time for Manon....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mary said:

I do hope Ms Morera is better in time for Manon....

You and me both, Mary.  She is one of the best, IMHO, and doing it with Bonelli would just be the icing on the ballet cake of the month.

• Like 5

And me, too!

I am very sorry to miss her on Tuesday at the cinema broadcast, and I have a ticket for her Manon on 19 April...!

• Like 1

getting worried about Manon casting. I've booked for,Morera/Bonelli and Hayward/Watson, both of which h look a little questionable. Could be an interesting run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

I've booked for,Morera/Bonelli and Hayward/Watson

Me too.  Keeping everything crossed that at least one, and preferably both, of these pairings happen!!

• Like 3

We're all getting desperate about Morera. I can't imagine how she herself must be feeling if she's still poorly and her Manon is only a week away.

And Watson too..............................although he has a little longer.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, capybara said:

We're all getting desperate about Morera. I can't imagine how she herself must be feeling if she's still poorly and her Manon is only a week away.

And Watson too..............................although he has a little longer.

Without wanting to speculate unduly, with any luck the reason she's withdrawn from (or been pulled from) more Age of Anxiety performances might be BECAUSE she's dancing Manon in a week and needs to catch up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Without wanting to speculate unduly, with any luck the reason she's withdrawn from (or been pulled from) more Age of Anxiety performances might be BECAUSE she's dancing Manon in a week and needs to catch up.

That's what I've been hoping, certainly (in both cases), but I have no idea whether it corresponds to reality.

• Like 1

I do hope that Laura Morera and Edward Watson read balletcoforum and know how very much people on here value them and wish them well.

• Like 12

Yes, especially when Watson has missed most of his scheduled (or what I presume would have been scheduled) performances this season :(

Posted (edited)

This has just appeared on the ROH website: http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-changes-manon-spring-2018

Feeling so sorry for the dancers who are injured or unwell and sending best wishes for recovery.

In sum:

Hayward replaces Morera on 29th March

Sambe replaces Zucchetti on 11th and 16th April

Bonelli replaces Watson on 1st and 12th May

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

Ouch! Posted this on the wrong page but, fortunately, Bluebird has put up the changes on the correct thread.

• Like 1