Weather forecasts

AnneMarriott

Why can't we go back to the old days when a serious-looking man in horn-rimmed spectacles read a region-by-region forecast of the day's weather?  I dislike the "budgie with ADHD" delivery, the waving arms, the dotting about between Scotland and the South West while a map in the background tries to keep up.  I don't want to have to look out for spits and spots of rain.  I'm not interested in sunny spells on offer ("oh, not for me, thank you - I had one earlier") and I certainly don't want to hear that showers are flirting with the Far North.

• Like 2

Where we live is never actually shown on the weather forecast (other than the separate regional TV broadcast). As the camera zooms from one area of the UK to the next and the weather person moves position, we are either just off the part of the map being shown or the person is stood in front of us!

• Like 4

I don't even bother with tv weather forecasts now (the only half-decent one is during Countryfile).  I find the Met Office website to be the most accurate.

I still have fond memories of the magnetic symbols occasionally falling off the BBC weather map.  :lol:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ian Macmillan said:

I will not readily swap Mmes Lear and Keith-Lucas for serious chaps in specs, sorry.

Well I don't know who they are but couldn't they be given specs, a desk to sit behind and a formal script without spoiling your enjoyment?

• Like 1