Cardiff Singer of the World

mauriceC

I was in the live audience and it was very difficult to choose between them. Usually you know who it *won't* be (indeed, usually I find myself wondering what one finalist is doing there in the first place) and can pick a couple of front-runners from the others. This year the standard was higher in the final than any I can remember, though all five singers also had their flaws.

I'll try to remember to post more about this in due course, but for now, it's been a very long weekend and I'm collapsed in my bed in Cardiff Central Travelodge.

Although I watched all the heats on TV, I was at a concert in Cambridge on Saturday therefore missing the song prize and last night I was at the ballet gala at Cadogan Hall and missed the final, so others comments really appreciated. From the heats I thought Kang Wang would win.

The one singer who came nowhere but who got us old timers excited was Ezgi Karakaya.  Note to whoever is running RO when we get the next run of Trovatore, please, please, please cast her as Azucena.   This lady must NOT resume a career solely in Turkish opera houses, she should be heard worldwide.

• Like 1

Delighted with Louise's performances  throughout.....i agree with many of the above comments and would certainly be interested to hear more from Ruth when she wakes up.

There  were several winners here and  MAB I do agree about the Turkish girl.

Meanwhile I look forward to hearing Louise sing Sophie in Birmingham in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks to everybody for responding to my original post !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • alison changed the title to Cardiff Singer of the World