JCS

Intermediate Foundation as an adult

There are only a few of us, but my teacher loves teaching this class, says it's the high point of her week. I assume we're  subsidised by the very popular classes like Primary or Zumba.

• Like 2

Congratulations @The_Red_Shoes I thoroughly enjoyed the video of you :) 

I have officially been entered for Grade 7, Intermediate AND Advanced Foundation in October. Not sure if I will be lucky and do them over three days, or whether I will have to do two in one day. It's been a real struggle to get me ready for Advanced Foundation, I'm still not sure I am ready! But my teacher wants me to do it and I don't argue with her. Recently I've been rewarded with comments such as 'that was almost a brisé' and 'one day soon that will look like a grand jete en tournant' so I must be improving... At least I have two more months to keep working and hopefully by October I'll actually feel ready.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, The_Red_Shoes said:

There are only a few of us, but my teacher loves teaching this class, says it's the high point of her week. I assume we're  subsidised by the very popular classes like Primary or Zumba.

i think a lot of teachers(principals) take that attitude , that  as long as they either cover the pay (  if someone  else teaches and it's a premises they control )  or covers the  room cost ( if  paying for rooms)  then they are happy  to run  the class at that kind of level   ...   you get a keep an adult  student  then potentially they are a steady source of income for the school , advocacy for  school and  for dance  for the foreseeable ... 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2018 at 09:10, The_Red_Shoes said:

I've been too embarrassed previously to share the film they made,,,

I don't know why you were it's lovely & I'm sure it'll inspire others to try or return to ballet, congratulations ❤️ 

• Like 2

Thank you so much Sophie. It's just that I felt so very visible and  in such a permanent form! But the response has been so positive and, yes, with lots of people saying that they're inspired. My teacher is starting both an evening Adult Beginner class and a daytime Silver Swans next term, so I hope I've acted as a good advert for her teaching. And I'm hoping that, since I am this walking advert, she will continue to find the time for my private lessons so that I can go on with my next step - either the Higher Grades or DR.

• Like 2