RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.  I'm also part of, what feels like, the long wait for results.  My DC auditioned in Manchester.  So do we think they will come tomorrow?  I know it's extremely competitive but it will still be good to know.  Good luck everyone  :-)

Hi everyone,  my DD auditioned in Manchester last year on 6th May and we got the results letter on the 8th June so think the results will be soon - good luck everyone, we too are waiting to hear and although there are very limited places so chances are slim I need to get my life back and stop checking my e-mails :-) x

• Like 6

Hi! We're also waiting for results. DD auditioned in Birmingham on the 11th May. It's our first time doing anything like this but have to say it's been an amazing experience. Really hope the results are out this week, constantly checking my emails now! 

• Like 2

Hi all I'm now stalking this page as well as my emails! We auditioned in Leeds on 19th May. My DD is 7 and never done anything like this before. We know the chances are incredibly slim but even so would like to receive the results soon :) good luck everyone! 

• Like 3

Oh gosh I remember this feeling! None stop refreshing of emails and checking the forum for updates. The forum is a life saver as no one else understands like another ballet parent ?Xxx good luck, I'm checking up just to hear some good news ?

• Like 6

I haven't got a Scooby Doo! ? DS hasn't been dancing for that long but DS's teacher sent me a lovely message to tell me about JAs back in January when she said he had the right "physique" He's tall, slim, and lean. Also said he had "good feet" and a "great point" for a boy. He was the tallest at the audition.

Saying that, who knows??? ??? xx

My Dd is in her final year of JAs and there are a huge range of shapes, heights and sizes in her class ... no clones at all! My dd is petite and I'd say normally proportioned, with slightly long legs but not obviously, but there are lovely long legged girls, Shorter legged girls. Stronger girls. Very slight girls all in her one class. I'd definitely say it's based on potential and that something only they must be able to see.  There were girls in my dd's audition that I knew of that were fabulous dancers with excellent technique, flexibility and performance that werent picked over children that aren't that finished article and vice Versa too. I don't think there is any way at all to predict (unfortunately ?!) 

Edited by Balletmum55
Grammar (on a mobile!)
  • Like 1

We all like to second guess what they are looking for, but we don't really know. Also different schools look for different qualities than others this is evident when looking through posts of those who were offered one or two vocational schools but not the others. Potential plays a big part, whether they have perfected technique or not. X

Newcastle results are just out. 

It's a no for my DD, which is what we expected. There were an awful lot of lovely children auditioning in Newcastle this year, more than last year and way more than when my DS auditioned 4 years ago. And only a really small number of places (Newcastle is a single mixed class, years 4-6 and probably only about 12 places in total, most taken by existing students) so the odds were slim. 

We we had fun though! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! ????

• Like 10

1 minute ago, BoyOhBoy said:

Newcastle results are just out. 

It's a no for my DD, which is what we expected. There were an awful lot of lovely children auditioning in Newcastle this year, more than last year and way more than when my DS auditioned 4 years ago. And only a really small number of places (Newcastle is a single mixed class, years 4-6 and probably only about 12 places in total, most taken by existing students) so the odds were slim. 

We we had fun though! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! ????

Xxxxxxx