RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to everyone auditioning, parents and children xxxx My daughter is just finishing her JA journey and we also heard on 8th June 2 years ago that she had a place, despite also being told the beginning of July for results, so hopefully it won't be quite so long a wait x  (...... although I hear from my dd's JA teacher that they had a significant increase in applicants for the Birmingham centre this year.  I presume this will be the same in other centres also, so they may take a little longer this year) xxx 

2 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

I wonder if they are sent according to audition centre or training centre, if that makes sense... we made a reserve choice that would hear earlier than DDs first choice... probably overthinking it though. I'll sit back down and re-cross my fingers!

You hear according to the centre you auditioned at regardless of which centre you will train at. Good luck everyone. I was waiting last year and had a yes for my DD. Last year everyone heard by e.mail. 

• Like 2

Yes, I believe it's e mail. In the unlikely event of all the twiglets getting in, has anyone thought about how they will tell their child? 

I had to tell DS he had a no from Hammond, I was dreading it but he took it really well. Any ideas?? S xx

All done and dusted... DD's group was the 'rising 8's' and the last audition group for this year - staff still somehow looked upbeat and enthusiastic!

DD went in really happy having made a couple of friends in the half-hour before... which also meant that she was so busy chatting she didn't spot the kids doing splits and mega stretches on the other side of the room.

Came out utterly ecstatic and said if she doesn't get in then she wants to audition every year as it was so fun.

From what I can gather they did tendus, plies, gallops, some stretches where you had to touch your toes while sitting, one where you had to get your legs from parallel as far to the sides as possible while sitting, froggies while lying on your back, that cobra type thing while lying on your tummy. 

They had to take socks and shoes off and then sit try and get their toes to touch the floor while legs straight and parallel, and there was some other thing where they were checking turnout.

The free section involved making up a story based on pictures of a tree in the wind, a squirrel and a hawk. DD came up with some hugely complicated story line so good luck to the panel with that one!

She must have really enjoyed herself given she remembered so much - generally I get 'don't know' or 'can't remember'...

Acquired some nice RBS tat too - well done to the lovely people on the stall who must be exhausted!

If anyone's interested, they apparently had 4 groups of girls on Tues, Thurs and today and saw boys on Wednesday. I'm guessing there were around 30 in DD's group.

Such a relief that she came out so enthused and happy, but have also been told that she will be devastated if she doesn't get a place. Have spelt out the odds so hopefully it won't be too grim!

• Like 3

Good luck to all, such a lovely experience for all the children, but realistically so few places available. For Totnes yr4/5 - only 15 places, some of the current yr 4's will already be offered a further year. Yr 6 again only 15 places, and some of the current yr 5s will be offered a further year. So there will only be a few places available in each class, only the best will get a place, but, they are all so young and their bodies are growing, so next year they could look so different.  If dc get a no, it could be a no for now, and could be a yes in a year a two. It does require a lot of commitment from dc and parents, and the commitment is never ending once you get on the roundabout. At this age no one thinks about the sacrifices the dc and parents have to make for dc  to pursue a dream like ballet, the financial and social implications -  just something for you all to think about. Results will be out soon.... thE waiting is nearly over....good luck everyone.

Incidentally... the stalls are normally run by parents of dc at White Lodge and are usually very informative and helpful with any questions you have - sorry bit late for this year's auditions.

TBG

X

• Like 4

On 03/06/2017 at 21:11, LoobyLou said:

Hi TBG, do you have a dc at Totnes JAs? Is that 30 places in total across all years this year or for next year? And do you know how many children currently in each yr group? Thanks ?

In my experience it is not a case of there being a set number of places. They definately take who they want and certainly won't fill spaces for the sake of it. For example there is not 15 in this years year 6 at Totnes. There is 7 girls and 2 boys. Last year the email came on the 14th June so not long to wait now! Good luck, as TBG says it is a huge commitment from parents too! 

• Like 1

DD is now at Mid yr7 but was Totnes yr 6 and there were 15 in her group. When she was in the year 4/5 group there were also 15. They do very the group size according to who they want but the groups will never be many more than 15 children. Xx

• Like 1