RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Def need a mat or towel. We were Birmingham and most girls took a mat as there are a lot of floor exercises.  There were only a couple that took a towel instead.  I think you'll probably find that each JA teacher has their own preferences   about a lot of things xx 

11 hours ago, Pixie said:

White hand towel? Had no idea they needed one...Do they need to take a mat too? Ot anything else?

I'd no idea either but some other newbies turned up with one.....don't know how they knew to!

I went on a dash to Sainsburys to buy one for me and everyone else who didn't have one. When I got back and handed the towels into class I found that DD had been given a piece of A4 paper to lie on instead!! :lol: Definitely no mats in our class. We were actually advised to go Sainsburys for the towels.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lspendl828 said:

She then pointed out that some mums had to get the needle and thread out to shorten them! Thankfully ours was fine.

I know what I'd have said to that!  I don't sew. 

5 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Balletmum55 did your DD enjoy her first MA session? 

I hope she enjoyed it too. Was today her first session?

6 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Balletmum55 did your DD enjoy her first MA session? 

It was last week and sadly she had a horrible bout of tonsillitis and was just not well enough to go and was still asleep when the class would have started! She was absolutely gutted but thankfully she's over it now and will be there with bells on next week 💗 Xxxx Thank you for asking xxx 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just wondering how all the rest of the new JAs are getting on? My daughter is loving it so far, despite the 6.30am alarm every Saturday and no break til Christmas! Still not worn her skirt or character shoes which she is dying to put on!!!! 

Edited by sunrise81
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, does anyone have a child that is currently a Junior associate that also does dance festivals? Just wondered how you find it and whether you have spoken to RBS about it? From what I understand its kind of looked down on to do the festivals, so I presume it's not a good enough reason to miss any sessions. So far my dd has put royal over festivals and hasn't missed any sessions, however becoming increasingly difficult when she is now in groups and has duet partners etc, Any advice or similar experience?

JA's always came first for my son and daughter. We were fortunate that groups at our local festivals were always scheduled for late on Saturdays or on a Sunday and we didn't enter with duets if there was a risk of a clash (or we covered the cost and gambled on the entry).

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 21:42, lspendl828 said:

Same here.:)

What is their reaction when you say you are missing due to festivals? I’m presuming even if they were understanding they probably wouldn’t allow it more than twice in the year? 

Good to hear similar experiences

Which centre do they attend? 

X

So far, the only clash between JAs and festivals has been with her solos - so we missed them (and went to JAs) and arrived at the festival for her other dances later in the day. I must admit that had I felt the need to go to a festival over JAs, I doubt if I would've been open about that to the teacher. Our teacher is very old-school and would definitely not approve.

Thinking about it as I write this, I think I'd sacrifice duets for class - it's only group dances, where I wouldn't want to let down so many other girls, that we would do the festival over JAs. For us though, we've only ever done groups once so extremely unlikely to happen again.

DD goes to the Manchester centre.

Good luck with your conundrum. :)

• 2 months later...