"Giselle" of RDB on the site of Danish television

Here: https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/opera-og-ballet-det-kgl-teater-tv/-/giselle-ballet-fra-det-kgl-teater#!/ it's posible to watch the ballet "Giselle" performed by RDB in November of 2016. In the beginning of the transmission Nikolaj Hubbe says welcome words and it's shown a piece of the workshop with the main performers, Ida Praetorius (Giselle) and Andreas Kaas (prince Albrecht). The record should be available for viewing for 7 days.

Edited by Estreiiita
  • Like 7

So nice to know that you liked the performance, Janet. Exactly my thoughts about the set and costumes. I saw the ballet with other dancers and it was equally fabulous!

No, unfortunately I don't have any idea about the DVD.

Thank you so much for posting this Estreiiita. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. I actually thought the costumes were very pretty & loved the scenery in act 2. I liked the way the light kept changing. Wonderful dancing. My only complaint is that the credits moved too quickly so I couldn't see who was who.

• Like 1

Very well done Janet.  I had three goes at this and still couldn't work it all out.  Really loved the performance but must agree about the act 1 costumes.  Really loved those for the Wilis with their hint of wings that didn't get caught in their skirts as they moved.

Please may I add my name to the petition for a DVD.

Loved having an Albrecht who looked about 15.  Really added to the romantic aspect of the role.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Two Pigeons said:

Very well done Janet.  I had three goes at this and still couldn't work it all out.  Really loved the performance but must agree about the act 1 costumes.  Really loved those for the Wilis with their hint of wings that didn't get caught in their skirts as they moved.

Please may I add my name to the petition for a DVD.

Loved having an Albrecht who looked about 15.  Really added to the romantic aspect of the role.

I cannot tell a lie - I recognised the dancers from having seen them before!

• Like 1

I agree and would be happy to pay full price for a dvd just for Act 2. Here everything - staging, lighting, costumes, dancing, characterisation- came together in the most convincing way (more than for Act 1 where, for me, costumes and stage set jarred). The acting of Giselle, Albrecht and Myrtha was just superb. Albrecht's entrechats (is that right?) weren't just "look-at-me" virtuosity but a realistic part of "dancing to death". And I liked little details of the production such as how Myrtha's powerlessness was conveyed without the drooping twig and how, at the end, Giselle gave a single red lily (love?) in exchange for the white lilies of death. Full of admiration for how these two young dancers conveyed such depth of emotion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Janet McNulty said:

I agree with the comments about the credits!

Giselle was danced by Ida Praetorius, Albrecht was Andreas Kaas, Myrthe was Kizzy Matiakis (an alumnus of Central School of Ballet) and Hilarion was Sebastian Haynes.

Thank you, Janet. I also wanted to know who the dancers in blue were & the conductor, set designer & costume designer.

29 minutes ago, Jane S said:

The dancers in blue were Caroline Baldwin and Jonathan Chmelensky, the set designer is Maja Ziska and the costume designer is Mia Stensgaard

Thank you very much!

Thanks Estreiiita, that was great. The leads and Myrthe and her attendants were wonderful. I loved the relaxed, graceful and beautiful dancing style. I also rather liked the discrete wings on the Wilis as opposed to wings which sometimes look slightly silly. Very well filmed and good picture quality as well.

• Like 3