WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

Arucariaballerina please don't be too sad the probability of getting to a final for y10 entry is very very small. We know of fabulous dancers who didn't get to finals who were offered senior associates in previous years. My dd is also a little sad but she's not giving up.

• Like 2

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all the yes's today, really pleased for all those DC. You must all be very proud. After a lot of no's in the last few days it's lovely to hear some positivity. Commiserations Amos73 and ballet broke my bank. I only know of 1 girl through finals for yr8 - Bath MA. Really tough this yr. No doubt we will all be here again next yr, for those not successful this year.Good luck to those still waiting xx

• Like 2

Still waiting here, from 22 January London going into year 9. Is anyone else still waiting? The longer it is the worse it gets!

I know exactly how you feel. The waiting can be excruciating. Fingers crossed for you both.

Thank you Janet McNulty. Such a lovely forum. My DS joined JA in year 6 so it's all a bit new to us and was a little shocked to find he has been invited to finals at white lodge, he's very excited .. cannot really explain my feelings properly, a bit of a mixture I guess, albeit very proud. Well done and commiserations to all the other DC.

Edited by MummysBoy
  • Like 3

Still waiting here, from 22 January London going into year 9. Is anyone else still waiting? The longer it is the worse it gets!

Maybe you can phone them? We got results for year seven for the 25/01 audition... so I would guess yours should be out before us...as higher year and earlier audition ... good luck!!!!!

Congrats to those with exciting news, best of luck for the final audition! Last year there were 40 girls invited for WL yr 7 and 13 places given. It does vary year to year depending on who they see. Never give up those with a 'not for now', you never know what opportunity may be waiting just around the corner. Fingers crossed for those still waiting on news, hope it arrives soon.

Congrats to everyone who has received the result they were hoping for.

Has anyone received WL London Yr7 results yet? Is it just Birmingham and Manchester DC who have received results to date?

I don't know of any yr7 London results yet.  I have a feeling I read Bath were out but I might be dreaming that.

My DD auditioned in London for year 7 - no news yet. I'm pretty sure it will be a no but still constantly looking at my e.mails. Well done to everyone who has had a yes and like everyone says a no is just a no for now, who knows what will happen in the future.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the "not this time" results, keep dancing!

Well done to all the "yeses"! Finals at WL are a lovely day out (especially if it's sunny), great experience even if a child isn't offered a place afterwards.

Waiting for the results is the worst, hope London results will arrive very soon.

• Like 2

Dancing Princess - we were London 22 Jan for year 8 and results came yesterday. All the people I know from that audition also have had their results through.

Amos, what time were you at London? My DD would be going into year 9 in September so I don't think they were for the same year. Beginning to wonder if I didn't tick the right box!

Edited by DancingPrincess
  • Like 1

Congrats to those with exciting news, best of luck for the final audition! Last year there were 40 girls invited for WL yr 7 and 13 places given. It does vary year to year depending on who they see. Never give up those with a 'not for now', you never know what opportunity may be waiting just around the corner. Fingers crossed for those still waiting on news, hope it arrives soon.

Thanks Aklf,

That is really useful to know. Good luck for the finals everyone!

Amos, what time were you at London? My DD would be going into year 9 in September so I don't think they were for the same year. Beginning to wonder if I didn't tick the right box!

Hi DP, we were in the 10am class, first one of the day and it was all for year 8 apart from one girl who had been put in the wrong time slot by mistake and was for year 9! Maybe you should contact them if you don't hear today? Although I would say hearing late = good news possible?!?