WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

Am I right in thinking all the initial auditions are done for WL now?  Does anyone know how many they saw?

DD was at audition yesterday and there seemed to be a fairly equal split of JA leotards, and (presumably) JAs, but that might have just been our group.

I was in a bit of a daze (too early for me) - think they said we will hear by email in 2 - 3 weeks.  does that sound right to people hearing last year?

Good luck to all the DC, they all looked beautiful in our group.

Admin: I didn't see a post for WL auditions for this year so please merge if I missed it.

• Like 1

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they do appear to make some decisions on the day if the snippet of conversation DD's associates' friend overheard on her way out of the studio at the end of the 22nd January session.  It was "well we don't want that one".  You would have thought they would have waited until the girls were out of earshot!  Good luck to everyone waiting on results!

I heard that they inform all the auditionees from all the centres at approximately the same time, which is why there is such a long wait for those who audition at the first centre. As all the auditions are now complete, hopefully it won't be long at all until everyone finds out. So tough on those who go first though! If they have been waiting for almost 3 weeks then it makes sense that they are judging the final auditionees from London before informing anyone. Fingers crossed for today!

Hi Flowerpot!

In my DD case...

- the preliminary audition was just a class. DD found it rather enjoyable ..I gather .they look for overall suitability for RBS, like turn out etc...the usual suspects :) and that love of dance perhaps, that something extra....not an advanced technique at least not for Year 7...

- no solo, just some improvisation is required that, they share the improvisation time so music plays and each improvises ...

- based solely on leotards and without really counting them would think half JA and half were not (it can be misleading as some JA don't wear JA leotards) ... but definitely a mix of both JA and none JA ...

- DD does about 8 hours a week and a very late starter

- Don't have any idea about finals as it iwas DD first try for WL.

- if she ever makes it to finals, will post :) but it is a huge IF

Good luck!!!