Mouseys mum

Royal Ballet School SS

Haha Hairbelles - we've handed stuff in when on a visit with JA's at Covent Garden too!! Ahhh happy days (yrs 4 & 5) when everything was so happy and carefree! Then the stresses kicked in in yr 6 and haven't stopped since or wont either for us as Upper School auditions for us next year haha!!!!

Oh to go back to a time when I knew nothing about turnout,swaybacks and Royal feet ;)

Thinking back I cannot believe one summer holiday with elder dd I took all her JA uniform to Spain with us and flew back to and different airport than younger dd and hubby just to attend a days course in Covent Garden!!!

I must have been "nuts" !

• Like 5

Haha! The things we do for our dd's (and ds's!)!!! Everything certainly revolves around dance in our house!

Edited by Dancing unicorn

As a mum of a DC who went through the WL SS from a young age to WL full time and now RBS US student. I can say that things appear to have changed over the years. Increasingly it seems SS is offered as incentives at competitions internationally and the focus is shifting to international competition dancers. The chances of getting into the SS appear tougher today if these other places are prioritised over the online applications.

• Like 4

Hello Nama and welcome out of the lurking shadows!

Now that you have broken the posting ice, I hope we will hear more from you.

• Like 1

Hi, I am new to this forum - just wondering - does anybody know if the photograps for RBS summer School must be taken facing the same side as shown in the illustrations? Does is matter if

the right or the left foot is lifted in arabesque and a la seconde?

Hello Anno and welcome out of the lurking shadows!

I can't answer your query but I am sure other members will be able to.

Hi, I am new to this forum - just wondering - does anybody know if the photograps for RBS summer School must be taken facing the same side as shown in the illustrations? Does is matter if

the right or the left foot is lifted in arabesque and a la seconde?

Could you take the photo and then flip the image the right way round? I think a friend did this with her dd a year or two ago, as her developpe was much better on one side than the other. You have to watch the background though, or they might notice that it's back-to-front!

Good question Anno - we submitted the photos exactly as they were in the images - left leg and at 90 degrees even though my daughter is capable of higher than 90. I never thought to query as to whether a higher leg was acceptable.

Thanks for the replies. I sent an E-Mail to RBS regarding this, prior to the deadline, but never got an answer. Last year, my daghter got in with photos showing the exact positions. Waiting list this year using her best leg, not as shown in Illustrations. Just wondered if this could have made a difference.. I assume not, but I will try to get an answer from RBS before her next application and will share with the forum if I get a response.

• Like 1

DD has been wait listed for SS at WL now for the past three years - so there appears to be 'something' that catches their eye. However, agree with Nama in that, we know of several girls that were either at international comps or who took 'open classes' for international comps and were given places.   DD was also excepted into another international SS in the USA whereby we had to submit a 6-10 min video with particular criteria stated to submit.  Yes, more time consuming but possibly gives the staff a better understanding of how the applicant looks within a class situation.  

Sorry - it should read that DD was accepted into another international SS.... (where's the edit button ;) )

If you press and hold on a post you've made an edit button will appear. But there is a time limit after the original post that you can edit I think. ?30 mins.

• Like 1

No prizes for guessing which list dd is on !LOL .... I put some laughing crying faces but they didn't work

Congrats to the DCs with a yes

Edited by HAIRBELLES
  • Like 2

My DD is on waiting list too despite getting finals, or perhaps thats why! :lol:  :D  ;)

Doesn't that seem completely bonkers ? ..... I would love to be a "fly on the wall " when they are discussing the candidates .

• Like 2

Doesn't that seem completely bonkers ? ..... I would love to be a "fly on the wall " when they are discussing the candidates .

What, all 2,700 of them?!! ;)

• Like 1

Very excited that Dd has been offered a place at Covent Garden SS following her no result from finals. Unfortunately she will be unable to attend as it clashes with the Cechetti International Ballet Competition in Florence.

Good luck to those on the waiting list ????????

• Like 8

Hello:

Can anyone who has attended Covent Garden comment on housing options if the supervised lodging is not available? 

Thank you--

Very excited that Dd has been offered a place at Covent Garden SS following her no result from finals. Unfortunately she will be unable to attend as it clashes with the Cechetti International Ballet Competition in Florence.

Good luck to those on the waiting list

Fabulous 'dilemma'.  Best of luck in Florence  :)

• Like 3

No prizes for guessing which list dd is on !LOL .... I put some laughing crying faces but they didn't work

Congrats to the DCs with a yes

Not again!! Looking for fingers crossed emoji xxx

• Like 1

Some places might become available if people are offered YBSS as well,and decide to do that one instead, as it overlaps.