No! What "Oh heck!" Moments Can We Share?

Fiz

Whew!  After a frantic bit of searching, have managed to get alternative flights with Easyjet, going out on the same day.  I have to come back a day later, but that is no hardship as I am staying with friends.

Now, fingers crossed nothing happens to Easyjet in the next few days!

• Like 3

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been delivering leaflets and have discovered that some letter boxes are positively FIERCE!!!

We were advised that a wooden spatula or spoon could help.  I don't have a wooden spoon but I do have a bright pink silicon one so I thought that would do the trick.  Mostly it has but at one house (and it wasn't a new UPVC door either) the letterbox was so fierce my bright pink silicon spoon got stuck and then my fingers did.  Then the door was pulled open and I nearly ended up being dragged into the house!!!!  At least the gentleman helped me retrieve my spoon and, more importantly, my fingers!

Postmen have earned my undying admiration!

• Like 3

I sympathise, Janet: leaflets are the worst because they're so flimsy they don't have the strength to push the flap open.  And I always felt really guilty that my former abode had a letterbox at virtually ground level, thus making it even more of a trial for the postie!  (Not that I'd had anything to do with choosing it, though ...)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Note to self: when attempting to reproduce those finicky little "petits frappes serres" (guesswork as to the name) which the peasants perform in the first act of Sylvia, make sure there is no bottle of water open on the floor anywhere near your feet   :(

I know the kitchen floor needs cleaning, but I really didn't want to be doing it today   :(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've spent my entire day at work frantically typing a report that had to be submitted by 17.00 today. It was an uphill task as the person who I was supposed to be working with had not completed his share, and I discovered yesterday that he's on leave all week but must have "forgotten" to tell me...

Hence the mad last minute panic. But at 16.52 I hit "send" and patted myself on the back. Against all odds, I'd done it.

Unfortunately in the car at about 17.20 I realised that I had failed to click "attach document".

Ooops.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Note to self: next time you're wondering why on earth your ROH tickets won't print out, do check to make sure you hadn't disconnected the printer several days previously so that you could plug something else in :facepalm:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

That awful moment when you turn to fill the saucepan with water ... and hear a nasty "plop" sound as the egg you were about to boil for lunch rolls off the counter and smashes on the kitchen floor :( 

Thankfully, at least I hadn't had time to clean the kitchen floor yesterday ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That awful moment where, having slaved over the computer all day to meet (more or less!) a deadline, you look at the client's instructions and realise you're actually a day early!

(Could of course have been a lot worse if I'd got the date wrong in the opposite direction :) )

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Day off for Alison, innit?

I just spent hours fixing my online calendar, after not noticing that the iPad cal stopped talking to all others calendars and I had merrily added entries using whichever device/app was closest to hand for the last few weeks.

New rule on calendars in my house as of today - updates through google calendar only.

On the plus side, my calendar now looks marvellous for June. Instead of showing a dearth of dancing, it's full of BRB and SFB :)

• Like 1