No! What "Oh heck!" Moments Can We Share?

Fiz

I am back from a dreadful "oh heck" week - no broadband! And my daily fix of balletco has been restricted to sneaky peeks from my computer at work or a microscopic (and expensive) view on my phone. How did we ever live without the internet? If anyone had seen me and all 3 children running around the house yelling "it's back! It's back!" when we finally discovered we were on line again this evening they would probably have sent for the men in white coats! But anyway...it's good to be back!

You know, at times like this, it's not a bad idea to have a pay-as-you-go broadband dongle around. Certainly beats having to buy a new netbook specially!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had orders a few days ago for Janet to put this on here. A fortnight ago, I managed to fall over while carrying the ironing board! One moment I was upright and walking and the next I was on the floor with ironing board bruising me everywhere! Some dancer!

Ow! I know how that feels. I was round at my sister's, and needed to get into the loft for something. Now, she only has a very heavy steel (I think) stepladder (mine's aluminium). While I was trying to extend it and get it into the loft hatch, I don't quite know what went wrong, but it overbalanced somehow and fell out of the hatch, taking me with it because I wasn't strong enough to hold it back. It ended up falling flat on the floor (heaven knows what the downstairs neighbours thought!) with me on top of it! I had a lovely load of bruises on my legs marking the position of the rungs, and you could still feel the soreness on the bones for weeks afterwards :(

Taking Chunkydog for a walk and realising I've changed my jacket and haven't got any doggy bags with me!! Fortunately I was only 50 yards from the car!!

Before this happened this morning, I met some nice people from Birmingham in the car park. They had come to see the Iron Men who were sadly hiding under a high tide!

• Like 1

I love your Chunky and our Amy Labrador would too.Our stupid King Charles Cavalier won't play with her and she is mean to our cats, although she was brought up with them and we have always have them. She is a divot! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, a friend of ours decided to join MENSA after taking a few IQ tests and doing rather well at them. He told us about this, and several weeks later, we asked him whether he had been accepted for membership.

He rather sheepishly admitted that his application had been returned because he'd forgotten to put his cheque in the envelope :lol:

Doh!

• Like 3

Princess Chunkydog kept on waking me last night to go out (for obvious reasons) and by 0530 I was fed up of unsetting and resetting the alarm, so I left it unset.

Imagine my horror when getting up this morning, I discovered the front door was completely unlocked!!! Oh blummin' heck!

Princess Chunkydog kept on waking me last night to go out (for obvious reasons) and by 0530 I was fed up of unsetting and resetting the alarm, so I left it unset.

Imagine my horror when getting up this morning, I discovered the front door was completely unlocked!!! Oh blummin' heck!

In the summer, I went out through the front door - closing the hall door behind me - to bring the sprinkler round into the back garden. I came back in through the back door. Had to take some of my really strong painkillers which I suspect made me a little forgetful.

When my husband came home from his night shift, he found the front door wide open, as it had been since 7pm!

I used to work in a bank, and one morning, we all turned up for work to find the front door unlocked and the alarm switched off. (Cue panic-stricken phone call to the police so they could come and check the building for intruders). It turned out that the previous evening the last person to leave thought another keyholder was still there - they weren't! :o

Another banking tale - a client came in and took out a loan for a huge sum. He immediately went and bought an ocean-going yacht with the bank's money and disappeared off into the sunset, never to be seen again!

• Like 1

Getting, to my sheer horror, a C and a D in my first GCSE Dance assessments. Luckily, they don't actually count towards the GCSE, but it's just... ugh. I knew that, as much as I despised the thought, I would not get an A* in that particular piece, as no-one scored higher than a B, but I wanted more than a D... :( And I was unimaginably frustrated that it was only the timing being very slightly off in one of the dances, which prevented me from gaining a B instead of a D... aarghhh. :(

Edited to remove a rather odd sunglasses-wearing emoticon!!

Edited by swanprincess

If anybody heard anguishes screeches about 1815 tonight - it was me!! I had just arrived home and discovered about half my new Dancing Times and the calendar that subscribers received absolutely shredded. Princess Chunkydog is seriously in disgrace!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to buy two hot loafs of bread today from the local bakery.After I got home my dh asked where the bread was, we searched the whole house and the car but no bread!Then it finally came to me,I got out the car,walked straight up to the wheely bin and threw the bag in the bin and went inside!What a nutter!!!!

• Like 3

Mt bedroom at home is in a small converted outbuilding with its own door secured by a yale lock, this means you have to have the key to open it from the outside. One evening the cat refused to come inside at bedtime and we don't have a catflap so once we shut the door she is stuck outside all night. I went to bed, took the keys out of my door so my sisters couldn't jump on me early the next morning, and put them on my bedside table. Just as I was on the brink of sleep I heard the cat wailing outside the door to the house. Muttering darkly to myself I got up, slammed my door behind me, trudged through the garden in the pouring rain and let the cat into the unlocked house. On returning to my bedroom door I realised that my keys were sitting happily where I left them - inside my locked room.

The cat was in my bad books for a long time!

• Like 2

Finally did it, filled my cup of coffee up with cold milk instead of hot water. I have come very close to doing this quite a few times recently. We don't have a microwave so had to heat up in a saucepan, more washing up. It was a nice cup of coffee though, I've not had a milky coffee for years.

Edited by porthesia

I have completely and utterly lost my voice - not good when you're a primary school teacher. And tomorrow I have to take dd to her Elmhurst audition. She will just have to do all the talking when buying train tickets, giving taxi drivers instructions etc. Ugh, so frustrating! Oh well, could be worse; could be dd who's not well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When you miss a couple of English lessons at school through illness, and have a GCSE exam next week. I wrote the relevant essay, just to find that it was totally wrong, and was told, by a very miffed teacher, who claimed I hadn't followed the plan we had been given at all, (whoopsie...) so could I possibly re-write the entire 8-page essay, and hand it in tomorrow?? Oh no. Didn't think 'But, Miss! I am busy tonight! I have ballet!' would go down very well, so time to start writing, methinks. :angry: