Tring auditions for 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks sarahw - we appreciate it! Actually I have hidden the letter in a drawer as dd has Rambert audition tomorrow. I will tell her afterwards

Well done to those with yes letters and good luck for finals!

Sorry about the no for your dd mnemo and good luck for Rambert and any further auditions.  Please don't despair as I do think that the schools are all different and seem to like different qualities.  My dd has had mixed results so far including a final, firm offer and a no. 

We have not yet heard from Tring dreamy11. 

• Like 1

Thanks sarahw - we appreciate it! Actually I have hidden the letter in a drawer as dd has Rambert audition tomorrow. I will tell her afterwards

Oh bless you - it is so hard being a dance parent at audition time. It reminds me how pleased I am to be in a year off......

• Like 2

I can't remember exactly how many got finals two years ago, but looked like more then 6 girls for year 7. More like 12? Around 5-6 were asked to stay for physio assessment after finals.

Edited to add that maybe some of the girls were trying for Year 8 or 9 but I remember another group of slightly older girls starting their final auditions soon after my DD so I guess first group was just Year 7.

Edited by Happymum

For the old forum members who've been following us for years and even though it's not ballet, I'm very proud to say that DD3 has been offered a place at Tring for 6th Form Acting Course! :-)

Edited by afab
  • Like 14

Congratulations to your daughter Afab! Does that come with a boarding place?

Thank you kindly. Waiting list for boarding but they said it's generally sorted by the summer. Funding is more of a problem if anyone has an idea how to get some...

I think that's the million dollar question!!! We would all love to know how to get our hands on funding Congratulations to your Dd.

We have also been offered a place and finals... but my concern is after finals will there be any spaces left or will those that can afford to pay have taken all the slots... just when I thought the worrying was getting less!!

• Like 1

I suppose Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre pupils are together for their academic studies. When we visited the school, the dorms weren't that big. Maybe enough room for about 50 kids all together at most...