Tring auditions for 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple question, as a newbie to all this. 

Application PHOTOS:-  Are they looking for professional photographic studio quality or clear photos taken by a parent in a dance studio setting?

I have the info on the positions and clothing but nothing else. I don't want to get it all wrong and lessen any chances because of a simple error

Any advice gratefully received. 

Thank you    :)

Been to a fantastic open day at Tring today. I never fail to be impressed with this school. Lovely to see my ds so happy and confident - this school has just brought out the boy that I knew was there when he was little, who got a bit lost from Trying to fit in at a school that didn't really fit him. Not to mention that his dancing has improved massively too but I didn't get to see that today. My younger son is desperate to go too, so here we go again!!

• Like 9

If second child is on MDS they don't pay the fee the first child pays, they pay less. Not exactly 50% less sadly but thanks to this discount for second child we are trying for DS to get an MDS place even though it's already hard with DD's current payments.

Been to a fantastic open day at Tring today. I never fail to be impressed with this school. Lovely to see my ds so happy and confident - this school has just brought out the boy that I knew was there when he was little, who got a bit lost from Trying to fit in at a school that didn't really fit him. Not to mention that his dancing has improved massively too but I didn't get to see that today. My younger son is desperate to go too, so here we go again!!

It was our first visit and agree totally that its an impressive school. The students were all incredibly polite and friendly too.

• 2 weeks later...

Non MDS places fill quickly at Tring. My understanding is that it is best to audition early on and then if offered a place, even with MDS audition pending, you need to accept the place and start paying deposits etc. Tring has very few MDS places.

• Like 1

I think Sarahw is right. They only had 6 mds places last year and these were spread out over all years and girls and boys. I think only one y 7 girl got mds, the others went to students entering older years and boys.

If you absolutely wanted to ensure a place you would have to accept the paying place after first auditions and pay the deposit which is non refundable. The funding auditions take place a while after all the prelims when paying places will have been offered and taken up.

• Like 1

The majority of the deposit at Tring is refundable as £2000 of the deposit is fees. £1000 for first term and £1000 refunded when you leave. Therefore if you don't take up the place you only lose the £250 deposit as obviously you won't use the £1000 first terms fees. Hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dos anyone know how many DC are at each audition? I notice that there is only 3 dates.

When my ds auditioned at Tring last year there were approx 14 in his group, a mixture of boys and girls. I think there were at least 2 lots each audition day - morning and afternoon

I think at Tring finals last year the director of dance said something like 400 auditioned in total (for all years) and they brought back around 45/50 to finals (again for all years) - I know in my DD's final audition for year 7 there was a total of 20 girls.

There were about 15 children in a group 2 years ago. Boys and girls together. Year 7 in earlier group, older children in second group.

Finals were separate for girls and boys, all together about 60 girls and boys trying for year 7 - 11. That's just for dance course, 7 or 8 scholarships available that year.

• Like 1