taxi4ballet

Terry's Chocolate Oranges - and other festive treats

Sad to report a disaster of epic proportions - they are a shadow of their former selves.

First it was Cadbury's and that was bad enough. Mondelez has only been and gone and changed our chocolate oranges. This is awful  :(  :angry:

Oh no. I don't have them very often, usually at Christmas ,but I think they are yummy. I especially like the smell. Just divine. Do they still smell the same?

• Like 1

Oh no!  Maybe if enough people complain, they'll have to change them back before Christmas (she says hopefully).

• Like 3

I've not had one recently, but apparently they have not only changed the recipe, but the shape of the segments as well.

Not sure if they're nationwide but Leonidas and Hotel Chocolat outdo anything you'll find on sale at the local newsagent's.

• Like 1

Yes, but you know chocolate has health benefits so maybe it could become available on prescription.

• Like 9

Best chocolates in the world are Whittakers of Skipton.  They sell their after dinner mints worldwide.  They always had the most fantastic window displays when I was a little girl. 

• Like 1

Best chocolates in the world are Whittakers of Skipton.  They sell their after dinner mints worldwide.  They always had the most fantastic window displays when I was a little girl. 

My friend used to buy her chocolates from Whittakers (and even made special journeys from Southport to get them!) but now she makes her own, very delicious truffles!

• Like 1

No more Whittakers on the high street Huddsballetmum. They still make the chocolates but the new Clare Whittakers has nothing to do with the original shop.

I get an error message for that, Yaffa.

What *is* the world coming to? :(

Not sure I've eaten a box of QS since they were introduced, actually, so I'm not familiar with this one, only the others which used to stick to your teeth and palate and be a right pain to get off!

• Like 1

The manufacturers have changed the shape of a lot of chocolate bars lately. Can't think why.

They change the shape of the moulds so they can use fewer ingredients and make more profit while the bars still look like they are the same size when wrapped.

• Like 7

So did I, Jan. It then suggested that I should eat more chocolate. Umm, no! I need to lose weight, not pile more on! :o

• Like 1

I got 6/15 too. I don't know what it says about me that I "recognised" more of the ones I don't eat than the ones I do, though :o Apart from the fact that they've obviously roughened up Crunchie bars since the last time I ate them - I'm sure they used to be completely smooth.

• Like 2