Bargain 'back to school' course in Birmingham!

drdance

Myself and a colleague are running 3 days of 'back to school' dance training in CENTRAL Birmingham at a bargain price of £100 for 3 days!

(Considering how much I normally charge these days this is a total steal!!!!!!!!!!)

Seriously though - I will be teaching all day, every day on this course and will focus on placing and technique, strength, safe flexibility, injury prevention as well as teaching all of the tips I have learnt from people like Rebecca Davies, Tahlysia Smedley and Rosina Andrews to get you turning more easily, jumping higher and doing all those fun leaps and tricks SAFELY! (Includes classes in Progressing Ballet Technique)

It is open to ANY dancer from age 8 upwards - and I can also accommodate private coaching time for anyone who is looking for help with something specific, or wants to learn some exercises to help with their dancing or prevent injury. 

To apply just complete a registration form on www.midas-dance.org.uk - no payment will be needed until the first day of the course.

**** VENUE: Sir Doug Ellis Woodcock Sports Centre, Aston University B4 7ET - Walking distance from the stations*******

13769339_1079629062073915_71365572406228

Edited by drdance
  • Like 1

We tend to do late August as there are fewer summer schools running then - and the aims of the classes focus on back to school preparation so it makes sense to be that week. I will probably be doing a few 1 day workshops dotted throughout the year, so watch this space!

• Like 2

Just to let you know THE VENUE HAS CHANGED!!! Venue is now ACE Space, 54-57 Floodgate Street, Birmingham, B5 5SL - 10 mins walk to the Bull Ring and 20 minutes walk from New Street station. On street parking also available (not sure of the cost though!)

I've just confirmed two additional teachers for the course - I'm really excited to have Nazene Langfield teaching some jazz and lyrical classes on Monday 22nd August. Nazene runs Dance Dynamix in Merseyside and trained Chloe Fenton (Britains Got Talent semi finalist) and Molly Thorpe-Franklin (Junior winner, Janet Crams 2016) as well as the dancer who won one of the most prestigious prizes at this years Dance World Cup.

For only £40 pupils who attend on Monday 22nd will have a ballet technique class and a body conditioning session with myself plus half a day's workshop with Nazene AND hopefully the opportunity to meet and dance with Nazene's young assistant (TBC).

On Wednesday, ballet classes will be taken by Cheryl Thrush, who is a faculty member at Urdang and who will be teaching at Elmhurst junior SS later the same week! Again, if you want to attend just Wednesday its £40.

Attend 1 day for £40, two days for £75 (any 2 days), or all 3 for £100. Central Birmingham location, great transport links.

Very exciting!

[Edited by Moderator with permission from OP]

• Like 1

I've just had the confirmation that Nazene Langfield will be bringing her super-talented pupil Molly Thorpe-Franklin to assist and demonstrate on Monday 22nd August. For any of you with DC's who are fans of Taking The Next Step on CBBC I believe Molly was featured on that, as well as being part of the UK Dance Mums Cast. Molly also won her age group at the Janet Cram awards this year. 

The day will include a ballet technique class with me, plus body conditioning and a 2 - 2.5 hour workshop with Nazene and Molly all for only £40!