taxi4ballet

Strange Signs

Ha ha penelopesimpson ....for the past few weekends there could have been a sign in Brighton saying " Trains departing from Brighton will now depart from Three Bridges" 

• Like 1

Yes Alison have got the leaflet ...which is an improvement at least but nevertheless the bus trip from Brighton to Three Bridges ( near Gatwick for non Sussex people) gets tiresome....it takes 40 mins and the last time I used it the bus broke down half way so had to sit in a lay-by till we were rescued! Then when you get to Three Bridges it can be packed and a bit chaotic as people have been bussed in from Lewes and Haywards Heath Burgess Hill et al!!

I am fascinated to see what is going to happen in February when they are closing that section of the line for ten days....including Monday to Friday ....how on earth will they get all the people up to London to get to work!  It's bad enough at the weekends when travelling is comparatively lighter....though not necessarily if there is a big event in in London!!

Dunno if this same billboard is around in the UK, but there's a really clever ad for J&B Scotch whisky (although I don't think I've seen it this year).

Nice Christmas scene, and the caption "ingle ells, ingle ells" followed by "Christmas isn't the same without J&B."

• Like 6

On my travels yesterday I saw a sign at the side of the road, complete with man-and-shovel triangle, which said:

MOBILE ROADWORKS

Good, I wouldn't want them to be standing around doing nothing 😊

• Like 3

Just been seeing in the New Year by watching the huge and spectacular London fireworks display on BBC television. As the programme starts, a message pops up on screen:

'This programme contains flashing images'

Well you could knock me down with a feather:)

(Happy New Year everybody)

• Like 6

Last night driving into a nearby village at the T junction there were two diversion signs, one pointing left the other right. Just round the corner there was another directing traffic back the way we had just come from. Further on in journey we encountered the workmen putting out the signs, they were placing one to take drivers yet another way. 

I wonder why I ignore any local diversion signs? 

• Like 3