Holiday Accommodation for 16 year olds

meadowblythe

Although this is not for a ballet course, I suspect the problem is the same ...

My daughter has been offered a wonderful musical opportunity in Birmingham next week.  Only problem is I am still in school for most  of the week.  She is 16, and a vocational school student, so fairly self reliant.  I am wondering if it is possible for her to stay unaccompanied rather than travel 5+ hours per day.

Has anyone solved this problem?  I know she would have to be 18 to check into most hotels, and even if I checked her in I am not sure if she is allowed to stay on her own.  Her brother lives less than 20 minutes away, but she can't stay with him unfortunately.

Meadowblythe

My daughter and her friend stayed in a hotel in Vienna unaccompanied when they were 16. DH was filming there but then unfortunately had to then be back in the UK the very week she went to visit him. The hotel were fine as long as an adult signed them in and gave a contact number (one of DH's colleagues kindly did this). So you may be fine as long as you check her in at the beginning - why not call one of the hotels and ask? Premier Inn helpline are really good....

• Like 1

I book premier inns for work & have just checked. 16 year olds are allowed to stay unacompanied but not under 16s.

The staff at both New Street Premier & the one opposite the cathedral & lovely but depending on hours your dd may be a bit put off by the homeless people sleeping in the doorway of new street. However it's the friendliest Premier I've ever stayed in.

• Like 1

thanks all

Liberty wouldn't allow a holiday let to a 16 year old - however, I have found a very nice Air BnB which I suspect is the most homely solution - a musical couple to boot!  Bloc hotel were also willing to take her, with parental letter.  Will definitely keep Premier Inn in mind for future ventures.

• Like 3