What are you doing this weekend?

annaliesey

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off to watch Encore. It's the Tring graduates touring company. Really looking forward to seeing DD and friends perform.If anyone interested in seeing them and what Tring gets out of their dancers let me know. They are touring for 3 wk and all over UK. X

• Like 4

Well my weekend will be fascinating. [Not] Dusting/mopping/clothes washing. But hopefully i`ll find a nice afternoon film on to watch when my chores are done. New series of the X Factor on telly at night too. I much prefer the auditions to the more serious part of the competition. 

• Like 1

Well hoping to do some gardening on Sunday when the weather doesn't look too bad and tomorrow I'm meeting a couple of friends from Leicester in London where we're going to the Royal Academy of Art to do guess what? Look at pictures of gardens!!

• Like 3

Cleaning carpets full of sawdust and plaster dust. DH idea of convalescence after heart surgery is to renovate kitchen.... (got builder in thank goodness but guess who had to clear cupboards etc.)

My pupils are blissfully unaware that their extended Easter break is not being enjoyed by their teacher one bit. I'm either cleaning or nursing or doing hospital trips. (parents as well as dh!)

Luckily dh is a very good cook. My son is wonderful (not that I see him often!).

But I cant wait to get back to teaching for a holiday!!

• Like 7

Well, I have thrown caution to the wind and splashed out on 2 raised stall tickets for the Mariinsky ballet at WMC for DD and I. She wanted to buy the best seat available with her birthday money, which meant I had to buy the best seat available (not the cheapest seat!) to sit next to her. Anyway, we're looking forward to tomorrow night :-)

• Like 5

I am off to watch Encore. It's the Tring graduates touring company. Really looking forward to seeing DD and friends perform.If anyone interested in seeing them and what Tring gets out of their dancers let me know. They are touring for 3 wk and all over UK. X

Is there a schedule on website? :)

• Like 1

Cleaning carpets full of sawdust and plaster dust. DH idea of convalescence after heart surgery is to renovate kitchen.... (got builder in thank goodness but guess who had to clear cupboards etc.)

My pupils are blissfully unaware that their extended Easter break is not being enjoyed by their teacher one bit. I'm either cleaning or nursing or doing hospital trips. (parents as well as dh!)

Luckily dh is a very good cook. My son is wonderful (not that I see him often!).

But I cant wait to get back to teaching for a holiday!!

Oh dear :( hope you get a rest soon and DH OK :)

• Like 2

Annaliesey, dates are;

Eastleigh. The Point on Wednesday 20 Apr at 7.30pm.

Brecon, Theatr Brycheiniog on Sunday 24 Apr AR 2.30pm.

Stevenage. Gordon Craig Theatre on Tues 26 Apr at 7.30pm.

Leeds. Riley Theatre on Thur 28 Apr at 7.30pm.

Leicester, Sue Townsend Theatre on Saturday 30 Apr at 7.30pm.

Ipswich, Dance East, Jerwood Dance house on Mon 2 May at 7.30pm.

Sevenoaks, stag Theatre on Wednesday 4 May AR 7.30pm.

Sadlers Wells, Lilian Baylis Studio on Saturday 7 May at 7.45pm.

If you want anymore info please PM me. Great show. Talented dancers and amazing choreography.

• Like 2

Don't know how old your DD is Annaliesey but also in Ipswich next week is the Mark Bruce Company with their new work Odyssey.

I don't think it's that suitable for under 14 year olds but otherwise will be well worth a trip to,the theatre.

• Like 1

Didn't go shopping yesterday after all - I spent much of it spring cleaning inside the kitchen cupboards, filling a box with stuff we never use for a car boot sale, and lid-matching umpteen Tupperware containers.

Today I am mostly drinking coffee and going to in-laws later on for roast beef.

Well bit of a stressful start to London trip yesterday perhaps I should have been warned by the malfunction in the electronic sign on the brighton to London Gatwick express which continually showed the message "this train will be stopping at Gatwick save you""this train will be stopping at Gatwick save you"

Well when we got to Gatwick the driver announced the train was being held because of a fatality on the line ahead!

We then heard a station announcer telling everyone that their trains were cancelled and to get on our train

Half an hour later with everyone now on "our" train the driver announced that "our" train was being cancelled too

Another half an hour of standing around on the platform and with people dashing here and there being told such and such a train was going from platform 2 which it then wasn't. I had stayed put as there were just too many people for me at the exits.

Well would you believe it having sent off the original train I was on to somewhere or other another Gatwick express turns up and we are told to get on this. Lucky me ( if you can call it that at this stage) I jumped on and at least got a seat ......many had to stand up to Victoria

It normally takes 25 mins up to London but in fact it took us a further hour so instead of arriving at Victoria at 10 am I got there at 12!!

Normally this would be annoying enough but I was meeting friends from Leicester to go to the Royal Academy exhibition for a 12.30 entry time at Trafalgar Square ......and I had the tickets!!! Anyway we did just make it in the end and enjoyed the paintings.

I have to say am getting less and less sympathetic to people who commit such a public suicide by jumping onto railway lines ....even though I'm sure they've all got some good reason or other. I had some quite evil thoughts I must say which won't air here but this seems to be happening more and more often and causes at the least very annoying and sometimes more serious disruption to people's plans for the day.

Anyway had a great day in the end and am now about to dip a toe into the garden as quite a lot of work out there awaiting!!