JA Auditions

swanprincess

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes boyohboy, you kind of expect it given the odds, especially for a year 4 place, but there's still always that glimmer of hope! Never mind. DD took it quite well, she was disappointed but quickly got over it and is looking to next year.

Well done Tutugirl! Hopefully there'll be some more yes's on the way! X

• Like 1

It's so nerve wracking isn't it? Then there's the overanalysing of results afterwards. A student from our school got short wait list last year yr4 and an outright no this year after doing a year at elmhurst associates too.

The older they get the tougher it is to get in as I believe the places are fewer. My DS got a straight no last year and this year we're trying for year 6 so even fewer places! I hadn't thought about results as was expecting July no it's possibly sooner nail biting begins ????

I know one of my students got yr6 JA last year and my other student who has been there since year 4 had quite a few new ones join in yr6 because there was just yr6 in the class unlike the previous years where it is a mix of yr4/5

That's a great attitude ! Don't give up - I've had several pupils gain places off SWL .

Did you hear this morning or last night , if you don't mind me asking ?

Trying to gauge how much longer the wait for Leeds will be

Tutugirl

Just asked one of my pupils who auditioned in Eastleigh about the seaweed. A very articulate young lady, she said you had to pretend you were seaweed on a rock in the sea and as the music got louder the waves got bigger and made you move more strongly and then it all quietened down again.  I asked her if you stayed on your rock, or moved about the room and she said they stayed on their own rock!

• Like 5

I have just had an email regarding the Birmingham results.  DD has had a yes for year 6.  This was our first time of auditioning so wasn't expecting anything really and know how tough the process is.  There were some amazing children and definately thought she didn't stand a chance.  DD now has a decision to make as she has also been offered Elmhurst.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting xx

• Like 15

One of my students got both elmhurst and Royal last year, so after some tweaking they decided to do both elmhurst and Royal plus her existing Midas associate. They are really pleased they did because she got SWL for Royal Mids this year but has been accepted into the extended associate at elmhurst.

• Like 2

A "yes" for a year 6 Birmingham RBS place for my DS! He's only been dancing for just under a year & this was his first ever audition, so we're thrilled to bits for him.

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear :)

Edited by Tippy_Toes
  • Like 10

Congratulations tired dance mummy and tippy toes! You both may be in my daughters class then as she goes into year 6 next year. Tippy toes you definitely will be as she is in the mixed boy girl class and your son is going to have a wonderful time as the teacher for that class is absolutely wonderful!