JA Auditions

swanprincess

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always say July, but from past experience it's always been early to mid June. Usually start sending them out the week after the last auditions, in order of venue, so Newcastle probably sometime this week, followed by whatever venue was next etc, with London results being emailed out last. It's not definite of course but in my experience (1st DD got a no on her 1st try, then a yes on her 2nd. No 2 DD got a no last year, so this year is her 2nd attempt) that's how it's been done.

Hopeully not too much longer to wait! :)

My FB memories feed has told me today that we found out on this day (7th June) 3 years ago that my DS had got a JA place, auditioned for and place at Newcastle! So thats a further year to back up what Dancing Pickles has said. I think they manage expectations by saying July so we don't all start phoning up and pestering them!!! 

Having said that, I'm pretty sure my DS audition 3 years ago was 30 April (before the May Bank Holiday) in Newcastle rather than this year's audition which was 4th May after the Bank Holiday. 

Either way, I'm glad my waiting DD still thinks we won't hear until July as otherwise she'd be asking me every day if we'd heard yet!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

• Like 1

Hi All, My dd's first audition was London on Tuesday 11-12. We both loved the experience, it was great just being in the RBS building, a very exciting day.  We had to shelter from the wind and rain, where I met a lovely mum in the coffee shop, around the corner before we went in, which calmed my nerves. But now there back!!! Fingers crossed, Good Luck All! x

• Like 3

Hey AuntieNora, lovely forum name! Glad you both enjoyed it, how did your DD find the audition? I was in the waiting area as DD2 was in the first audition and have to say there were some gorgeous looking dancers getting ready to go in for the 11am. Such a lovely experience for them all :-)

Thank you for your welcomes!

Mak   Thanks Auntie Nora is the nickname dd's Dance School students, parents and even the Principe call me-  :D

DD loved it so much, she couldn't stop smiling, just being there was amazing! Teachers and reception are so lovely too! Bless her she knows, she up against lots of great dancers, she said she felt she gave a good audition . The audition in itself, is great experience for the future. :)

• Like 3

Hey, Auntie Nora! We were there for the same class in London and like you, had a wonderful time! We must have seen each other - did you stay and wait? It was such a positive experience and my dd loved it. No expectations whatsoever now, but I think the teachers did a lovely job of making the girls feel inspired and encouraged. Did your dd talk about the 'imagine you're a piece of seaweed' extemporisation piece?! Sounded curious but fun!

• Like 4

Brilliant, AuntieNora! Do you know, it's been lovely to find such friendly people on this forum. One of our dance teachers wasn't very encouraging about the idea of JAs - not discouraging the idea, but just rather unexcited - and our other teacher said everyone there would be very snooty! But we didn't find anyone snooty at all, just thrilled to be there and excited by the whole thing.  :D

Edited by Katia05
  • Like 3

Living2dance, sounds like seaweed all over then! I think the results are sent in order of when they took place, unless you auditioned at a different centre from where you want to go for the classes, which might change the timing a bit? Good luck for Manchester!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, Yellowbutterfly. It was a no for us too - which I expected but still sad to get a No. I haven't told my DD yet, but I know she will also want to try again next year!

Hope to hear some nice happy Yes's on here soon!!