Johan Kobborg no longer with ONB Romania

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to his Facebook status yesterday, he has flu. Presumably it is due to the stress he has been suffering. He also said that the thing keeping him strong is knowing how much the dancers and the general public are supporting him.

• Like 1

Just tweeted by Ismene Brown. Sounds like good news.

This is from 6th April and I believe untrue. Sorry.

what a shame, Has someone hacked Ismene Brown's twitter account or just factually wrong?

Following annamicro's advice I looked up Mr Alexandrescu.  The page I found is public.  This is the FB translation of a posting made about an hour ago:

"Situation at the national opera of Bucharest, which has seen unwanted escalation in recent days, Mr. Tiberius sun has agreed with me to withdraw from the position of interim director general, accepting the post of Assistant Director. I asked Mr. Conta, in which I also have great confidence to take over the position of interim director general of the National Opera House In Bucharest. I proposed to Mr Johan Kobborg to fill a new position created by artistic director of ballet nob."

https://www.facebook.com/Vlad-Alexandrescu-468508013320444/

• Like 5

Dance Europe has posted the following on FB:

"Johan Kobborg and Opera National Bucharest

Great news coming from Bucharest - it transpires that a new position of artistic director of the ballet company is to be created and that Johan Kobborg will be given the power to direct the ballet company of Opera National Bucharest."

Let's just hope this dreadful situation is resolved and that Johan and the ballet company can move forward the way he has always wanted them to.

• Like 9

In a way this may even have strengthened his position. They know now (which they don't seem to have appreciated before) how very popular and respected he is both with the dancers and the international dance community, and that they challenge him at their peril. I hope he will feel able to continue the wonderful work he's been doing there.

• Like 5

Johan posted on Facebook last night that he will be negotiating with management this week, and that although he would like to stay it will depend on how the meeting goes. He made clear that he hasn't signed anything yet. He also thanked everyone for their support.

• Like 3

I don't blame him for being cautious. It's not as if things are simply going to go back to the way they were before all this happened. It will be hanging over everyone in the company like the proverbial elephant in the room. At the very least I imagine he will be insisting on some guarantees before accepting anything and is hopefully taking good legal advice.

• Like 1