Deleting private messages

LinMM

It appears that my message box is full and as someone wanted to send me a message and couldn't I obviously need to delete some (or even all!) but cannot find out where you do this.

I think Janet is aware I have the problem but not that I don't know how to delete and just in case she is really busy today thought I'd put this prob out there so to speak.

I only operate from an IPad if this makes any difference etc

Thanks

Linda

How it works on a normal computer is that at top right on the dark bar you have your drop-down menu, and to the left of that there's an open envelope icon.  If you click on that, you then get an "View all messages" link, and from there you can tick as many as you like and delete them in one go, should you choose.  There is also an "archive" facility at the bottom of each message which will send a copy of the complete discussion to your registered email address, should you want to keep it for posterity :)

How much of this applies to working with an iPad, though, I don't know.

Thanks yes I did have the open envelope thingy and think I've deleted all my messages or most of them but they are also referred to as conversations so not absolutely sure until someone tries to send a message!!

The iPod and computer work similarly if you are using the IP Board theme. You can check how full your messenger storage is by clicking View all messages which has a little bar graph to show how much space is available.

If using the mobile theme click My Conversations and the next screen shows the list of conversations below which, in small writing is a display of the used space thus: Folders xx% full.

• Like 1