Birmingham Royal Ballet: The Dream, A Month in the Country, Birmingham, February 2016

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what I said earlier about the Lowry not showing shorter programmes and concentrating on the big works. Well done them!!!! I will certainly be there. What is Wink about? I saw it advertised in Birmingham but I didn't pay much attention. Also hope to go the other mixed programme in Cheltenham in May.

• Like 1

I take back what I said earlier about the Lowry not showing shorter programmes and concentrating on the big works. Well done them!!!! I will certainly be there. What is Wink about? I saw it advertised in Birmingham but I didn't pay much attention. Also hope to go the other mixed programme in Cheltenham in May.

It's a new commission based on Shakespeare's sonnets and is by Jessica Lang.

My husband pointed out this link on the BRB website to David Bintley's new full length ballet, The Tempest which premieres this September (presumably in Birmingham though it doesn't say). Stage designs by Rae Smith who designed War Horse and a newly commissioned score by British composer Sally Beamish. Sounds very exciting! Hope the link works.

https://www.brb.org.uk/press/birmingham-royal-ballet-shakespeare-year-2016

• Like 2