carmen67

Well posting "yes" results is rather a novelty for me, so I can't resist the urge to share DD's news. She has been offered places at London Studio Centre and also at Ballet West. She's got strong feelings about what she wants to do but I've encouraged her to take a little time to reflect on things. Hopefully it will mean good news for someone else as well in the next day or two though....I would love it if that turned out to be another member of the forum.

We started the audition process with her at a very low point for a variety of reasons and I have had serious worries that she wouldn't be accepted anywhere, so I hadn't really considered that we would ever be in the position of having a choice - it's weird,lovely and horrible all at the same time!

Best of luck to those still waiting.

YAY!! congratulations to your lovely DD (and to you!!)

• Like 1

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to share happy news from us too as DD2 has been offered a place at LSC. :) 

It's going to be a family annex for us there next year!

Anyway, needless to say DD2 is very happy about it as it was her first choice!

Good luck to all the ones still waiting to hear!

• Like 16

Well DD has made her decision and will be off to Ballet West in September. That should mean that there is good news for someone on the LSC waiting list in the near future. I'm really hoping that another balletco'er gets the place - it would be lovely if that happened wouldn't it?

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I've been reading with my dd for months now and it has been such a helpful source of information. After completing all the auditions and been lucky enough to have a choice we have also accepted our offer from Ballet West. My dd loved it there and felt at home and can't wait to start. She actually met someone at Pineapple from Melbourne who had come for an audition and had accepted her place there too! Is there a Facebook group where all the new students can chat with each other? My dd does know a couple of girls who she did summer school with last year also going but it would be really good to get to know others before September! Well done to everyone who has a place anywhere! It really has been an exhilarating journey just to get here.

• Like 5

Last year we made a Facebook group chat. People just got gradually added over time and it was really nice to get to know each other. So if you DD is friends with people who she's knows are going on Facebook she could do that. Last year it started with just three of us in it then by the start of term had almost our whole year!xx

I'm delighted to say that our DD will also be starting at Ballet West in September. After a long (and very expensive) audition round, she decided that Ballet West offers her the chance for full-time training which she has not been able to access previously and in a really spectacular location too.

She's spent the past few days contacting other DDs who we have found through this Forum and I'm pleased to say that there is now a Facebook group where they can get to know one another. If there are any other DC who are starting in Taynuilt this year, please feel free to make contact so we can add you to the Facebook group.

I would like to pass on my thanks to all the other Forum members who have helped us to come to our decision. Your messages were incredibly useful to a complete novice like me. For some of us based overseas, it can be very difficult to obtain full-time training for our DC. Without access to associate schemes, youth ballets, masterclasses, etc and with no funding available from our local government, at times it can seem like an impossible dream.

Finally, I would like to say how helpful the current students at Ballet West who contribute to this Forum have been. My DD and I have asked them many questions and I am sure there will be yet more to ask in the next month or so. Hopefully my DD and her friends can be this helpful to any potential students in the future.

I do hope to get the chance to meet some of you in Taynuilt in the future.

• Like 8

If the new first years want any advice from current first years I'm sure a couple of us wouldn't mind being added to the group chat for a small while to answer questions if your DD wanted to. We did it last year and it was helpful but it's up to what they want:) x

My daughter will also be going to Ballet West in September, I'd be really grateful if someone could let me know how she can add herself to the Facebook group, she's only just 16 and I think it would be brilliant for her to get to know others beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just in case anyone is waiting - there is still movement on dada waiting list for Tring as my dd was offered an award. We are going to decline as she is definite in her decision to go to Ballet West, so someone else will get an offer within the next couple of days. X

• Like 15

• 1 year later...
On 25/04/2016 at 21:25, elfies mum said:

What a lovely day that must have been orchidblue- which school and when did they contact you? Thank you. Gosh I thought Rambert had finished ages ago taxi4ballet - there's hope yet then! Dd on reserve list for Central pointyfeet

Hi I know this is an old thread but dd is on reserve list for central at the moment we are praying a place becomes available did your dd get offered a place at central in the end?