balletmum20

Lower School Auditions 2016

Thanks Piccolo, I didn't know Elmhurst had an associate scheme for Y7s will look into that too we don't mind a trip to Birmingham if nothing closest as long as it's not during the week xxx

If you don't mind a weekly trip to Birmingham on a Sunday I hear that Midland Theatre Ballet is excellent combining classes & performances. Dd never went but has been taught by some of their teachers who are fabulous.

• Like 1

I have a year 6 pupil who is an Elmhurst associate and she is being led to believe she can continue in year 7 but it's very hush hush!

Balletmum20 yes. They sent an email out ages ago asking for numbers if they decided to keep running into year 7. Haven't heard anything since? Have you?

My eyes are hurting from looking at the screen too long....refresh...refresh. Not long till everyone finishes for a long weekend!!

Finally been able to tell DD the news as she was away last night, the no letter arrived yesterday. I was upset and worried she would be devastated. When I picked her up from school just now and told her she had a cry, but with a master stroke I had managed to arrange last minute play date with her BFF who threw her arms around her and said yay, that means you get to go to YDA and I can still see you at weekends. 

She is now looking forward to starting YDA in September. I am looking forward to her getting excellent classical training and staying at home (I never wanted her to board!)

Sorry everyone who has had bad news like us, but it is heartening to see that kids can be resilient, (more than us parents perhaps), and pick themselves up and carry on. There are going to be as many rejections and nos along the way as yeses (possibly more). 

P.S. she walked into the house just now and did a double pirouette to 'make herself feel better'.  :)

• Like 10

Snowflake

Centre Pointe in Denton have plenty of high quality training.Just off M60. Good luck!

Congrats to the yes's and big hugs for the 'not yets' ... I have said before but I admire your DD/DS's talent's getting this far, huge achievements all round and having the courage to go through this. 

I just wanted to say don't write the CAT's off too quickly due to mid-week travel as I think some of them have satelite branches at other mid week locations or possibly they might support and even pay for ballet with current teachers as part of the scheme. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for news :)

• Like 1

Snowflake - I don't have any personal experience but a few girls DD knows have attended the Ceccheti (?spelling -sorry) northern associates that I think are held at KS Dance in Warrington. That might be worth a look as it should be a reasonably straightforward journey from Manchester, and they do take students who are studying other ballet syllabi.

• Like 1

Amos73 I have heard excellent things about YDA, even kids getting inti WL after a year there. Plus you will be able to have Yor DD with you for another year, I would say things have worked out well for you and your DD, some things are meant to be and work out for the best even if it doesnt seem like it at the time!

• Like 2

I would love for my DD to go to YDA - it would be a dream come true!

We are a couple of years off all this but thank you to everyone for sharing your journeys - more than anything it is really inspiring to see how amazingly everyone is coping and how supportive you all are! Please keep sharing the ups and downs especially for some of us with little ones who just want to follow in your footsteps!

P.s amos's DD is amazing at pirouettes.

• Like 2

Thank you so much everyone, all these options we had never heard of, I am going to make a list and go through it with dd this weekend, Warrington is close too, she is fine after a little cry, but she's learning how to become a fighter X

• Like 2

Northern Associates would be a good supplement to training but not enough. Having said that KS Dance where it is held would be another good option. Similar to Centre Pointe maybe so may depend on traffic etc!!

I found out one girl who has turned down her year 7 place for elmhurst but she had no mds? Wonder why no mds?? Anyone know

Edited by balletmum20

Thank you Dramascientist, yes we are very happy she has a place at YDA and can stay at home!

It is a really good school with fantastic classical teaching, and there will be 9 children in year 7 when she starts so lots of personal attention.

They do have children who get into WL, this year a girl from year 7 has got the only year 8 place given at WL I believe.

And the children who stay there for all their lower school years get into great upper schools. One year 11 has secured a place at Royal Upper this year too.

Thanks for the pom pom waving Petalviolet!! 

She is grand battement'ing and pirouetting at the moment ...

• Like 2

I found out one girl who has turned down her year 7 place for elmhurst but she had no mds? Wonder why no mds?? Anyone know

Overseas student? Or income level made it too expensive even with the MDS?

What does this mean for you on the reserve list?