Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi at balletcoach and enpointe 75 , I received my DD's on Saturday but I haven't heard of any of our other friends having received theirs yet. All very exciting :)

Hi @dizzyballetmum,

Maybe this week/ after Easter holidays we get our pack's as well. As you said, have to accept within a week. Indeed, very exciting :)

• Like 1

I don't think any movement from the reserve list will be until the schools go back after Easter, so the wait continues for all on the reserve lists!! Good luck everyone xx. Let the wait be over soon!!!

Edited by balletmum20
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, just wondered if someone 'in the know' can help me understand something, My DS was offered a place at the Hammond after the prelim audition before Christmas. He also has a funding audition coming up soon. If he's not offered a funded place are we still able to accept the non-funded place if we can afford the full fees......if by chance we win the lottery ??

Thanks v much everyone - may have to invest in a few lottery tickets then :)

On another note - how long does it generally take for all the shuffling of places re lower schools ??

Does it tend to be sorted fairly quickly or drag on until July / August .......before you know it - another year has flown lol !!

.........well hopefully something positive will happen for your DD from those reserves or Hammond & it won't be too long a wait for you.,...she's done brilliantly. It will just be so nice to know where our children will be going to school. Thankfully my DS seems to be quite chilled out about it now !

My DS is already talking about trying again next year if he doesn't get anything this time around. Not sure of much success though for a year 8 place as can't see there being many places available at any of the schools. At least the whole process has not put him off despite the knock-backs and he's learnt so much from the audition process. He's really looking forward to Hammond, so like you said - fingers crossed xx

My DS is already talking about trying again next year if he doesn't get anything this time around. Not sure of much success though for a year 8 place as can't see there being many places available at any of the schools. At least the whole process has not put him off despite the knock-backs and he's learnt so much from the audition process. He's really looking forward to Hammond, so like you said - fingers crossed xx

The teaching at Hammond is excellent, so best of luck to him.  They often take children in for all years if they like them and their bursaries are very generous if you are not given a MDS.  They will look for performance and like 'all rounders' but it is still a classical course and they do a lot of ballet.  My DD was recently at Malvern Ballet Seminars and there were children from all the big schools, some privately coached and some from abroad.  The standard was super high but the Hammond children definitely held their own and some.

• Like 4

Thanks pas de chat :) .... I think if it's meant to be ....it will happen for him, somewhere & at some point, eventually (I hope).

Although ballet is his favourite - he loves tap, jazz etc & is gaining a lot more confidence with singing/acting so Hammond would be a great fit for him. Think he's going into the funding audition shooting from the hip LOL !!

• Like 1

Ballet4boyz Our DS has trained at the Hammond for the last 5 years and started at Laine Theatre Arts last September. Let's hope your DS has a positive outcome for the funding audition. If you want any further info or tips etc feel free to PM me.

Thanks v much Mrs G and congratulations on your DS & his achievements, hope he's enjoying his time at Laine. :) If my DS is lucky enough to be offered some funding - I'll definitely take you up on your kind offer. It's always nice to be able to seek advice from someone with a lot more experience - which is one of the great things about this forum x

• Like 1

Well we finally received our post regarding Elmhurst and we are thrilled dd has been offered a place for year 7! Also had an offer from Hammond but prefer Elmhurst all around. Congratulations to everyone that had success and thinking of everyone that had a "not now". ????

• Like 27