I need YOUR opinion.(related to another post on this section)

What do you look for in a perfect poimte shoe???

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm working on creating a point shoe that is a mix between Gaynor minden ,Freed and Bloch! Long lasting like GM's,pain free,the asthetics of Bloch and being a little like freed and having them form to your arch as well as hopefully prevent as many stress fractures from occurring if your prone to these (feel free to read my older posts to understand a little better) anyhow I require 2 things of you in this post.

Firstly -your opinions on what your perfect poimte shoe is(feel free to list exact specifications)

Secondly-I hope in 18 months they will be ready to trial in the UK(I'm so sorry but I need to exclude Ireland for the first part of the experiment.Don't be sad though as you will be much needed a little later on

As such if anybody would like to trial these shoes.Leave a message below with the following-

Your street shoe size & if you know if your foot length in either inches or centimetres,your foot length do mentions it and which foot is which length of it is a significant difference eg more than 2mm as this would fall into the custom made section-

If you need it custom made-

If so the specifications-

Foot width -

We're going basic N is narrow M is medium W is wide)

If you would need extra narrow or extra wide it falls into the custom made section.

If you need any special considerations made for your feet eg,calluses,blister prone feet,high instep and I will cater to my best ability to your needs

These trials are of no cost to you whatsoever,you can also alternatively send me a private message with this information or ask any other questions ,

Thank you so much guys ????????????????????

Edited by PrimaBallerina21
  • Like 1

Sounds very interesting. I'm sure I'd be interested in trying some out but it depends what sort of dancers you want - are you looking for full time professional or vocational school dancers or anyone? I dance most evenings but only 1-2 hours and probably not more than 1-1.5 hours of pointe a week.

My absolute love love love shoes were Gambas when you could get them in the UK - my first shoes were 93s, then I had a pair of 97s which were my favourites ever. I love the 3/4 shank as my feet aren't very bendy. To me it's really important that I can get a shoe to bend properly both just under the heel at the top of my arch and at the bottom of my arch, I guess at the top of the balls of my feet. Because they're not that bendy, it's this latter one that shoes often don't do, making it difficult for my feet to look fully pointed, even when they are fully pointed inside the shoe, if that makes any sense. 

I hated Bloch Serenades I once had - never fully got over them en pointe and they never shaped to my feet and I never felt properly balanced. Also tried some Merlet Adagio last year which looked nice and fitted quite well (they have quite a wide box comparatively) but were very poor quality - died in a few weeks, and I do not kill pointe shoes ever! Stitching also started coming undone from outer sole! 

I can't go near Grishkos - far too narrow on the box and yet way too tall if that makes any sense. I tried some 2007 pro-flex which looked quite nice but box shape all wrong. Never tried Freeds really. Capezio don't fit me at all either.

Now that I can't get Gambas, I'm in Bloch European Balance after a lot of recommendations from ex-Gamba-wearers. They look really nice on my feet and fit pretty well but I get a lot of pain in the very ends of my big toes (I have quite tapered toes but have never had this pain in any other shoes) if I wear them more than 1 or 2 days on the trot. They come with weird squishy bits in the end. Not a good thing as only half your big toe goes on it an really uncomfortable so ripped those out but I don't think there's anything left in there to be causing the pain so no idea why it hurts!

So in conclusion, for me a shoe should bend at the strategic places but be fairly strong in the other areas. A strong box like Blochs - Gambas softened quite quickly, though it was nice that they shaped to your feet a bit. If there's any way to account for tapered toes that would be nice - usually they all end up getting squashed across - the big toe towards the middle of the shoe, which also doesn't help with correct alignment of the shoe as well as gradually changing the shape of your feet (I'll probably be bunioned one day!). I like quite a wide platform like the Gambas and Balance Europeans.

Don't know if any of that helps or if it was just a random ramble! Shout if there are any more questions. If you do want to use me for a trial, my feet are 6.5UK, I think 40 European sizing. Width S-M

Twiggy - at least we're two.. I used Gamba before but just as Full Contretemps. I currently wear Bloch Serenade Strong as I'm in need of a shoe that lasts. On the other side, they kill my feet.. I struggle with bruised and broken toe nails that fall off, and a lot of blisters.

I tried some 2007 pro-flex one time, which were better than any Grishkos I've tried before - always been a definite no before. Very different from anything I normally wear - v different balance and box is too narrow and deep for me if that makes any sense. Nearly thought about trying them but wasn't brave enough (or daft enough?!) to try!

• 1 month later...

My DD would be interested in trialling some pointe shoes. She currently wears grishko but she has haglunds deformities on both heels, one much more prominent than the other, and her shoes always dig in leaving a mark afterwards. I'm not sure if it would be possible to get pointe shoes that would allow for this?

My DD would be interested in trialling some pointe shoes. She currently wears grishko but she has haglunds deformities on both heels, one much more prominent than the other, and her shoes always dig in leaving a mark afterwards. I'm not sure if it would be possible to get pointe shoes that would allow for this?