Private lessons

Lilac

My DD is struggling to get enough tuition for Advanced 2 ballet. Often even not even one a week. DD doesn't want to change schools, and looking around struggle to see schools with a class at this level. Teacher doesn't have time to do private lessons. Can anyone suggest anywhere we can pick up some private lessons suitable for this level? DD is particularly concerned that they rarely do any pointe work. We live at the Berkshire end of Hampshire, but are prepared to travel, Hampshire, Berkshire,Surrey London or a bit beyond are possible. No urgency to take the exam, but do want at least to be making some progress. Would appreciate any ideas/names etc. Thanks.

• Like 1

Have you tried asking RAD if they can arrange suitable private lessons or maybe joining their Saturday classes?

I have same same problem with my dd having very limited access to Advanced 2 lessons so will be trying to to get something sorted for as soon as GCSE exams end.

DD didn't have any private lessons but we did purchase the RAD Advanced 2 DVD and she spent quite a bit of time learning and rehearsing all the exercises at home. It helped her immensely, especially with confidence.

She couldn't do anything en pointe though as our floors are not suitable.

• Like 2

You can check with RAD Headquarters for a list of schools in the area, who might have classes at that standard.  Pointework is vitally important - you can't do Advanced 2 without having strong pointes.  I suggest looking for a pointe class even if it's not syllabus. 

• Like 2