Can anyone apply or just associates?

southerndancemum

No I am sure that anyone can apply.  It is fair to say that mostly associates get in though.  This year's year 7 boys were all associates.  I don't know about the girls but I would guess most if not all were associates too.  If you have a talented child who for whatever reason has not applied to be an associate I would say you had as good a chance as the current associates.  However, if your child has tried and failed to get in associates before, it would probably then be rare for them to get into WL for year 7...

Anyone can audition and I know of someone who did get in who wasn't an associate, I do think however that they do mainly take from their associates which is understandable as they have already selected them as having potential. The associates have to audition like everyone else but again they do have some preparation for this and also they have been observing them in the classes.

Overheard a strange comment today that I thought I'd post on here...

"Only associates can apply to go full time at white lodge. There's no other way of getting in, the associates get invited"

Is this true? I can't imagine it is...

Well I remember that one person in ds year at WL had never even heard of associates!

The RBS website is very comprehensive and no where does it say " only associates can apply to go to White Lodge".

I do remember though that my ds did get given an audition form, as did all eligible associates with the letters "JA" stamped on it! So yes they do get invited to apply.

And lots of ballet.coers will know from past threads that it is possible to be offered a full time place from summer school, this once happened to a student of mine.( she declined.)

• Like 1

I'll have to dig out my RBS end of year performance programmes as next to the lists of names from each year group there are *s showing who were associates. But I definitely know that although the majority had been associates, there were several in each year who weren't (or certainly a few, if not several!).

I don't know about this year's year 7 or 8 however as I didn't go last year.

I believe that 2 of the 12 girls for the year 7 intake were not JAs so obviously you stand a much higher chance if you are but not impossible.

This year you applied online so no forms handed out but JAs are encouraged to apply although not all from my DDs group did.