Yorkshire Ballet Summer School/Funding audition

Sniffymum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had heard back from the Yorkshire Ballet Summer School about their child being allocated a place?  They were due to be sent out w/c 4 May I believe, hoping there will be a letter soon to put me out of my misery :)

Edited by discomonkfish

Thanks shygirlsmum will check out that thread...sorry it was a no.  We applied for a non residential week in July / August.  Not sure if the YBSS funding audition is the same thing?  Fingers crossed, those 6/7 weeks are a long time without any training, all new to me and find it hard to know what options there are out there for the Summer.  All the best.

My DD only just getting serious about dance so it was our first time applying (at the suggestion of DD's new dance teacher) so she wasn't really expecting to get a place, let alone funding.  I am new to all this but I believe that applications for the SS are done by photo/application form, there are about 12 bursaries and auditions were held in York a few weeks ago and London over the bank holiday weekend.  We were contacted yesterday by email (unfortunately with a no) so perhaps the emails were sent out to the auditions candidates first.   I am sure they will be in touch soon, fingers crossed that they sent out the no's first and they are saving the Yes's for today.

DD's dance teacher suggested OPES as another SS option, its might be worth a look on their website if you haven't already considered it.

Good luck :)

Two ballerinas my dd will be doing week 2. She is 11 and was there last year also! We received email in early hours, I still know lots of people have not heard yet. I would guess they are ploughing through them in the order of receipt as we sent ours quite late, April and have just heard, people who were more organised have had their reply and people who were later than me, still have not heard. Just a guess but I think they maybe have had a lot of applications this year.

• Like 1

Just to add, we applied on the last day of the deadline (in fact believe it was actually received a day late due to the post) so I am not convinced that it is done in order of receipt of application.  We received the email on the 4th.