I know this isn't ballet but it's still great

Harwel

There has been a lot of discussion about British dance training recently, and I would just like to highlight that 3 of the lads in the fabulous 'Boyband' as seen on Got to dance 2014, move it 2015 and BGT 2015, train at our vocational schools. Tring Park, Bird College and Brit school.

I trully love dance in all its forms and have the utmost respect for those that train so hard for their dreams. We have amazing training in this country that produces world class ballet dancers, contemporary dancers, hip hoppers, musical theatre Stars and lots in between. Our training should be constantly reviewed to ensure it stays at the top of its game, but I think we should be very proud of the training our kids have access to.

• Like 9

I agree. We do need to keep the high standards ongoing.....so it's good to monitor training standards as a general rule.

Anyway Ive never believed in this idea of complacent lazy dancers lacking in motivation.

For anyone who is trying to stay in Dance for a career .....so wants to be a professional....it IS a constant struggle....but at this level most dancers are able to engage in this struggle because they LOVE it and that is what usually motivates them.

• Like 2