All England Dance Regional Final

gingercat

Hello Gingercat, I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I am sure other members will be able to help.  I just wanted to say welcome out of the lurking shadows and now that you have broken the posting ice I do hope you will continue to join in!

Remember they have to wait for all the qualifying festivals to be finished (I've just been writing at one yesterday) and then entries in, and I can tell you from experience that putting together a sensible programme takes considerable time, but hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

They have posted the West of England on Facebook, doesn't say how many in each class and there are some Part 1 and Part 2. I presume they split the ages but it doesn't say and I am not sure when you find out. Someone has asked the question so hopefully we will find out soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arghhh.... Still waiting for the South East Splits of sections to come out. Sooooo frustrated. Also.... Has anyone done Cranbrook previously? The timetable suggests that, rather than announcing who's been placed after each discipline, they have longer sections and THEN results and break... Or results and Tea etc etc. does this mean if you are at the start of the section you have to wait for the break to hear the results? I'm a tad confused. Thx

Thanks 2littledancers and billyelliott. I can see how it makes a lot of sense in terms of time saving.... It's just going to make for shorter nails!!! So much more opportunity for nail biting lol. Does every dancer across all the disciplines come out onto the stage for the results ? I hope you don't mind my picking brains, I don't remember it being like that before (been at a different Regional previously). What if they are in more than one or two dances in the section, which costume do they wear???

Does anyone know how they decide the splits for larger groups? I thought it would just be pull it out of a hat. I'm struggling to understand why it's so delayed, unless someone is making a person by person decision??

You have to obtain an honours mark . And only 1st 2nd and 3rd go through ( apart from group's ) there is a clear explanation on the All England website .

Lol thanks I looked but couldn't see... But then looking via my phone so teeny text! What's the rule re groups? DD in group with only 2 in section. Does that mean guaranteed place at final as that seems wrong somehow.

I quite like having a few sections adjudicated together - means more people in the audience. I'm not involved this year for the first time in 12 years! Good luck everyone