Elmhurst Senior Summer School 2015

angel

Well we've had 2 emails from school in last 2 days so assume some one is around and they are not sending from home. Are you getting the option to for different departments as reception is closed? If you are I would try them all.

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding what they need to take. In the letter it said black track suit, do you think just black trousers and jumper will be okay as ds doesn't have any 'track suits'. Also, do they have to wear a leotard every day or can boys wear shorts and t shirt? Just not sure what to send him with. He normally dances in a fitted t shirt and cycle type shorts. Thank you :)

well dd did not take tracksuit last year and wasn't thrown into the street :) . She had a long sleeved zip up hoody and some dark coloured loose fit leggings. I think its so they can cover up and keep warm between classes - adnd especially in the cafeteria .

It was too hot for tracksuits last year - dd packed a couple hoodies and some tracksuit trousers but in reality it was so hot and humid she just put a thin t shirt and some shorts on for meals. If I remember rightly they just had to cover their leotards and not go into the canteen with bare shoulders.

• Like 2

It might be to do with very sensitive fire alarms, they can be set off by aerosols - as we found out to our cost in a theatre mid-performance once, when the alarms went off and we had to evacuate everybody (oh the joys of being a chaperone that day :wacko: ). The fire brigade said it was hairspray.

I suggest roll-on deodorant and spritz hairspray!

• Like 3

I have a question regarding what they need to take. In the letter it said black track suit, do you think just black trousers and jumper will be okay as ds doesn't have any 'track suits'. Also, do they have to wear a leotard every day or can boys wear shorts and t shirt? Just not sure what to send him with. He normally dances in a fitted t shirt and cycle type shorts. Thank you :)

He will need dance wear for each day as it is a full on course and they don't have access to the washing machines unless he is keen to hand wash his dance wear!

I don't have access to the paperwork but does it suggest an outfit for the performance? In a previous year girls had to have a black leotard of any style for this. If the other boys are wearing leotards and tights on stage he might feel conspicuous if dressed differently although I'm don't think the faculty will mind what he wears as long as they can see his body during class.

Afab did you manage to get hold of someone? Hope it is resolved.

Unfortunately no Jane, I have rang at different times, tried different extensions and left messages but nobody will answer until next week, I'm afraid... It might be too late for us anyway by then...

They are not allowed off site so unless they need anything in emergency which houseparents will pick up for them then not much money.

My dd will just take some casual wear, jeans, shorts etc for evenings. Dance wear plus cover ups for between classes.

• Like 1

Ds safely delivered but he is a bit worried as all the boys seem to know each other already. Does anyone know if they get to mix with the girls very much, he doesn't really hang out with boys!![/quote

They do all mix but it normally takes a few hours or more for them to feel comfortable. Hopefully he has meet some of others this evening.

He'll soon get to know the boys and many will be like minded I'm sure.  The boys are with the girls for a lot of the classes and therefore will mix in break times too

I think they had a meeting tonight and time to settle in but as it's been a pleasant evening I bet they've been outside??

He won't be the only one who doesn't know anyone x