Elmhurst Senior Summer School 2015

angel

Have just had email saying DD2 has a place on senior SS. I applied for Junior but added that she would like to do the senior one and they've just sent the standard email to offer her the Senior course. Very pleased for her!

• Like 8

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,I am new to all this :) my son who is just (yesterday) 15 has been offered a place for senior summer school, he is so excited. He has never done anything like this before and had only been dancing a couple of years. Feels quite scary sending him away for a week so far away!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Gollyrox (and what a great name). And congratulations to your son. My son was Head Boy at Elmhurst a few years ago so I've got a soft spot for the school. I'm sure your son will enjoy the experience.

Hope to hear more from you on the forum :-)

He is sure to have a great time Gollyrox as Elmhurst SS is a very supportive and safe environment for them to enjoy and progress in dance. Nothing to worry about other than them getting more of the ballet bug!

Edited by chaperone
  • Like 1

Thanks all:) we are very excited, he is applying for 6th form there next year so hopefully this will let him see what it's all about. Am very nervous about him boarding as he is really shy, but am sure they will all have a great time :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

That's great news Afab :) is dd2 the dd who attended BTUK summer school last year? She's a lovely dancer, hope she enjoys Elmhurst x

Yes SP the one and only! Thank you! Will you be there too or "only" the States for you this year?

Edited by afab

• 1 month later...

DD nervous about summer school as doesn't know anyone else (she's 14)... Anyone else feeling the same? Any other newbies the same age going?

She also wants to know if the teaching staff are friendly or is it quite strict? (Really want her to enjoy it so hoping they learn lots but that it's also a fun week and not tooooo serious!)

I've just turned 15 and am also nervous but really looking forward to it. I also don't know anyone else going but I'm excited to meet new people there, hope your DD's excited too. I'm not particularly experienced (just done inter foundation and g6 studying intermediate) but they should be able to cater to all ability so :)

• Like 1

Hi all, DD2 got a place for the Senior SS and we paid the deposit a long time ago but since no news... Have you received more info? As it's starting in about 2 weeks, I'm getting concerned especially as I seem to remember that we had to pay the whole sum was much earlier the other years... I emailed the school but no answer so far which is also quite surprising! 

Any info would help! Thanks a lot!

School broke up last Friday but the offices are normally manned during the holidays. If summer school coordinator is off this week I imagine one of bursary/finance team might be in. Have you tried phoning Elmhurst?