Ballet Reserve (Northern Ballet Leeds) query

hans11

Hi. Please can anyone help or offer advice. My daughter has just done an audition for JA at Northern Ballet and has been offered a place when one becomes available but is on the reserve list. What realistically are her chances of getting a place. Has anyone been in the same position?

Thanks.

Edited by hans11

Places do become available from reserve lists. NBT also run open classes that students don't have to audition for. I don't know if you're dd already attends these? Might be a way of seeing and being seen for next time. In the meantime good luck with the reserve list.

• Like 1

Is that for inter foundation? I know that DD has been offered a place this week but we have CAT coming up next weekend. If DD is lucky enough to be accepted on that then we obviously will turn the associates down. I expect there will be others like us too

• Like 1

Hi. It was for Inter. It was her very first audition so we had no idea what to expect so I guess she did well getting on reserve list. Can always try next time. Good luck to your DD with CAT next weekend. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone declined their associate place? I understand there were various auditions for other schools/programmes also happening at the same time. We can get feedback tomorrow so hoping to find out more. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/07/2015 at 12:17, hans11 said:

DD has been offered a place! Delighted

So pleased to read this even though it's 2 years since you posted. My DD is in the same position on a reserves list for 2017/2018. Did you ever find out how many reserves they have and actually take on? I know it would be different from year to year. Would just be interesting to find out. I've told DD not to get her hopes up too much and played it down, but her dance teacher says there is still a chance x

About 4 years ago dd1 was on the reserve list, she was number 8 of 16 which her teacher found out when she rang for feedback. A place didn't come up but the following year she got straight in.

My youngest dd has been put on reserve for associates  this year, but I'm assuming she's been taken off it as she has been given a CAT place which we've accepted.

Good luck to your dd, what I've learnt from the ballet world is to just keep trying!

• Like 1