YumiGirls/Guys

anondancer_15

I am sure i came across a list of yumi contacts recently- seemed to be dancers from various companies in UK....sorry cant remember where abouts it was but a bit of searching should unearth it.

Loulabelle - i think they are reps for yumiko leotards- a trendy make that you can customise!

The yumi girls "officially" are only supposed to sell to their school/company - minimum of 10 pieces per season. Even with a discount they are expensive and as our vocational schools have uniforms I think that 10 will be a tall order. It is also mandatory to purchase a fabric sample kit .... It's weighted in the company favour in my mind.

With these sort of things you have to think of 'worst case senario'

How many seasons a year?

What happens if you don't sell the required amount? In some schemes you can be charged the amount you didn't sell so you come out with a debt

If you don't sell the required amount over several seasons what happens?

What are your requirements for Tax & NI - could the 'free items & free postage be seen as 'wages' and therefore you owe Tax on them

Is your status clearly employed/self-employed?

If someone absconds with the goods without paying who is liable for the cost (probably you)

These things are rarely in the favour of the seller & often completely unfair

• Like 1

Payment 'in kind' - ie freebies do actually count as income. If you are earning anything you have to declare it and that includes receiving goods/services instead of actually being paid money.

(This doesn't apply if you are selling a few used personal possessions or unwanted gifts on sites such as ebay etc).

Sorry to be the bringer of sad tidings, but I have put my 'Day Job' accountancy hat on for this one!!!

• Like 4