Difficult family time around final audition

Regattah

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a new topic for Regattah's news about her younger daughter, so people can share their best wishes away from the pinned thread on Upper School Questions.

I hope she's recovering well and that you get news from Central soon too x

• Like 7

Huge hugs and best wishes to your DD Regatta .

If you can PM me your address we could send her a little get well gift and card from the forum so she knows there are lots of people here wishing her better. What do people think?

Many years ago I worked for the stroke association and I think your daughters are both very brave - as are you!

Sx

• Like 13

Every good wish for your daughters recovery.

My thoughts are also with you, the stress you are coping with is enormous but I am certain your positive attitude will serve you well.

Good luck xx

Thank you all for being so kind and supportive. You're all wonderful!

The procedure has finished and she's back in her room sleeping it off. She always feels so sick afterwards, poor thing. They didn't find any sign of any clot in her heart, which is a good thing, but we're still no nearer to finding out a) what caused it and b ) what we can do to stop it happening again.

Adding our best wishes for your daughters recovery. Can't begin to imagine how hard it must have been for you all, and your DD should be given a medal for even having the strength to turn up to the audition let alone actually dance.....

Thinking of you all. I hope they manage to find out what caused it, and that older dd gets the place she wants :) And that you have people close by to look after you too when you're being there for your girls. Thoughts and prayers are all we can really do from here but doing plenty of those :)

My little DD received a beautiful card, notebook and jewelled bun pins today sent by JustBallet on behalf of the forum. We're both so thrilled and touched - thank you so much

She's doing really well. She had physio in the gym and a visit from the occupational therapist (who will help with hand use). She was able to show the physio what she will be needing to work towards specifically for her ballet (managed to get a quick retiré whilst holding on to a chair). With her determination and positive outlook on life, I'm convinced she'll be back to class within weeks, even if she has to pick and choose what she does. Unfortunately, we're still no closer to finding out what caused it so don't know what to do to lower the risk of another happening other than taking a stronger blood thinning medication than she has now.

• Like 29

Your daughter is so positive and determined, best wishes to her and a super speedy recovery. I'm sure the consultant will be keeping a very close eye on her and hopefully he will be able to identify the cause.

That was a lovely thought Just Ballet!!

I don't know whether your daughter takes quite a few drugs at the mo may be it was one of these but I'm sure the Doctors will be on to it and hoping her recovery continues apace