Difficult family time around final audition

Regattah

I feel so out of the picture at the moment. I didn't take my DD to her last audition which was today (Central), the first one I missed. My youngest DD (she's 12) had a stroke out of the blue yesterday. She has major cardiac issues, but a stroke was still really unexpected. She's making a really significant progress in regaining strength and mobility. Hopefully there was no cognitive damage but we can't know that.

How her older sister was able to concentrate through her audition I'm not sure.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regattah - sorry to hear about your DD. I wish her a speedy and longlasting recovery and hope they can find out what caused the stroke to stop it happening again. Good luck to elder DD too - I suspect that although this is hard on her she will be determined to do her best for her sister.

Really sorry to hear about your youngest DD Regattah hoping she makes a very speedy recovery she seems to have had a particularly tough time this year. Hoping your older DD is able to go to the school she wants too.

Regattah, I'm so sorry to hear about your younger DD and hope she is continuing to do well. And best wishes for your older DD as she awaits audition results. (Would it be possible to let Central know about the huge stress she was under at her audition, worrying about her little sister, in case it affected her performance? - I don't know whether that could be taken into account but it may possibly be worth mentioning it unless that 'isn't done' for some reason?)

• Like 8

Thank you everyone. It's lovely to read your good wishes.

Little DD is doing very well. She had her first physio session today, but even before physio she's made a lot of progress. 'Dancing Queen' came on Radio Lollipop and she was up trying to boogie! Her right side is still weaker and fairly numb, but improving day by day. Although she's not walking normally, she doesn't really limp now until she tires (which is still very frequently at the moment).

Anyway, they're still trying to find the cause so she's having an exploratory procedure tomorrow morning. She's understandably really nervous as she hates general anaesthetics.

• Like 10