Choices

tutugirl

If anyone has experience of either BTUK or Ballet West , I would appreciate your advice . A former pupil of mine ( currently at voc school ) has been offered both . She still comes to my classes when home , and I am trying to advise her . However , I know very little of either . She is good at both classical and contemporary . Not especially jazz . She has taken my advice and made a list of pros and cons - but level pegging this far . I don't want to start a debate , so pm may be more appropriate . The only negatives I have heard are that BTUK may have funding issues , and ballet west have favourites , and only the favoured ones are given opportunities . ( surely any school will choose their best ambassadors to represent them ) . Any information will be useful, though I expect everyone will champion their own school . Thank you anyway . Tutugirl .

My dd didn't apply for these schools though I know a lot of dancers have applied and have the same dilemma! Probably will come down to individual choice and access to funds as both seem to offer a good standard of training. I guess ballet west has more of a track record and course accreditation is clearer, but BTUk seem to be generating a lot of buzz and seem to be working hard to make it a success.

My daughter has also been offered both of these schools and like you suggest tutu girl there are pros he cons to both.

My D D likes them both.

Would you include me in your comments private messages please. I would be very grateful.

Spacy

If funding is an issue then it seems to me to make sense to go to where it is already guaranteed.(ie Ballet West)

Btuk is certainly an good place to be and their facebook page is impressive. The students are getting lots of opportunities.

Ballet West has a well established good reputation. Some of their graduates are actually in the BTUK company and I know that they loved their time with Ballet West.

• Like 1