Weight Gain - when starting vocational school

Katymac

DD has put on 2 stones since she started her pre-vocational course in September

I think this is a relief because a) she is eating (& cooking for herself), B) it is a transfer from fat to muscle

At least I am assuming it is a transfer from fat to muscle as she is wearing the same size clothing and hasn't put on any inches

But I was worried that she would loose a lot of weight & initially she lost inches but stayed the same weight

I was very surprised & DD is chuffed as she is now heavy enough to give blood

• Like 3

I would also assume it was muscle.  DD also gained weight those first few terms, though not as much, and it was definitely as her muscles developed.  Remained constant since I think though she never weighs herself as she says she can tell by her clothes and dancewear that her weight is healthy and constant.

• Like 2

I picked my Dd up this half term and am very pleased with how her body has changed already, I sent away a stick insect and a lady has come back with a bottom and the thigh gap gone. On her medical last week they said she is not to loose a single ounce of weight so was worried what was going to great me !! So I'm a little happier about the food at Tring now and her being so fussy

• Like 4

That is such a lovely story, sugarplumsmum - we all hear lurid (and ancient) stories about how ballet dancers must be anorexic/survive by eating tissues, drinking black coffee and smoking/will be thrown out of vocational schools and companies if they aren't worryingly skinny - so to hear that your DD's shape has changed since she has been at Tring and moreover that she has been ordered not to lose any weight is wonderful! I hope she is also loving every minute of her dancing and of life at Tring!

• Like 2