RBS Junior Associate (JA) Questions

Alfred71

Word of warning for the mums /dads/guardians of new JA girls...be prepared for a bit of skirt making.  It came as a shock when I realised I had to make one.  Must say, I did feel proud when it was done :)

Not this year!! You can buy ready made, at a sensible price,  from the uniform supplier = one very happy mum :)

• Like 6

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi All, my daughter entered the JA auditions in Birmingham, and got onto the short waiting list. When we told her dance teacher, she seems to have jumped to the conclusion that our daughter has got in. I'm not sure that is the case, as I would be surprised if dropouts occur. Would like to hear your thoughts on this, as I'm not very knowledgeable about these matters. :)

Hi RichieN 
I would have no idea how many students are actually put onto the short waiting list so I couldn't advise your teacher what the chances are. However I was on a waiting list for Mid associates when I was younger and a place did come up so don't loose hope! 

P.s Very sad to read the White jumpers with the whopping blue logo have been replaced now :( 

Hi richieN-

I second what pompomfeatherbottom (!????)

says- my dd was on the 'short waiting list' for mid associates ( not junior, but i'm sure same rules apply) last year and a place never materialised.

However, this year she was again offered a SWL place, and a place *has* come up.

So basically, sometimes places do come up, and sometimes they don't.

I don't know how many get placed on the SWL, but that in itself is a massive achievement, so your dd's teacher is right to get excited!!!

• Like 1

Just read this whole thread (dh thinks I've gone mad, giggling at the phone!). I know most of you are from last years auditions but my boy has recently been offered a year 4 place at the Dartington centre starting in September. His dance teacher sent six children (4 girls and 2 boys) 3 girls and both boys got straight yes's and the last got swl. She has since been offered a place (therefore all six have places). There were about 45 auditioned at our centre, we think for 7 or 8 spaces so this is a huge achievement.

Can't wait to get to it now!

• Like 3